Chapter 21

Olivia

I woke to the sound of Jason snoring lightly behind me. His breath brushed the back of my shoulder softly as he slept. Turning in his direction, I smiled at him as I fixed my eyes on him. He appeared so calm and serene.

I couldn't help. myself from running my fingers through his dark, russet hair. It felt like silk between them. Jason hummed beneath my touch as he woke. His bright blue eyes fluttered open, reflecting the morning sunlight that beamed in through the window.

"Hi, sleepyhead," I whispered, resting my hand on his warm cheek. He took hold of it, pulling it over to his lips, and kissed it sweetly.

"Hi, sweetheart." His voice raspy, and still full of sleep. "How are you feeling?"

My cheeks flushed bright pink as the vivid flashbacks from last night filled my mind. "Really happy."

"Mmm come here." He murmured softly, pulling me into his warm embrace.

I cuddled up into his stern chest, sighing as he kissed the top of my head. His arms held me securely as if I was his most prized possession.

"I still can't believe you're mine."

"Well believe it," I assured him softly, stroking the soft skin of his arm. Jason yawned before shutting his eyes once more.

He must be so exhausted after working a 24-hour shift and then sacrificing his rest to take me out on that incredible date. He was incredible, but I didn't want him over-exerting himself.

My hand stroked up his forearm before resting right at his shoulder. "Go back to sleep, you look so tired still." I pouted.

"Actually, I can't. I forgot to mention to you that my parents are going out of town for their anniversary so they're dropping Hannah off to stay with me until they get back in a few days."

"So I'll finally get to meet her?" I asked, lighting up at the idea.

"Yes, and she's going to love you, sweetheart." He promised. "But right now I need to go get groceries and stuff so the poor kid doesn't starve. You're coming with me right?"

I laughed and nodded my head. "Yeah, let me just go home and change. I'll be right back."

I forced myself out of bed and stretched before searching the floor for the huge white t-shirt Jason had given me. I slipped back into it, whipped a quick kiss to Jason's cheek, and hurried over to my apartment.

"Hey, Liv!" Cassie smiled, dropping her bag on the floor. "I just got home too." She chuckled, skipping over to me and pulling me into a tight hug.

"I miss you, Cass, I feel like we don't hang out with each other as much as we used to."

"We'll have a girl's night soon, promise." She cheesed, suddenly scanning me up and down.

I gave her a funny look before walking into my room to get changed, only for her to follow me.

"What?"

"You're like glowing right now, what did you do?" She asked, raising her brows. "Liv!"

I rolled my eyes and tried to fight the smile that was growing on my lips but just couldn't.

She let out a squeal before running over to me and grabbing my hands. "Well, how do you feel? How was it?" She inquired.

"Really good Cass, I'm actually kind of annoyed that I put it off for so long," I admitted, glancing down at my feet. "But I guess being ready-made it a lot better."