4

The next day, everything seems back to normal, thankfully, it's Friday, I just have to get through today and I will be free for two days.

"Ikimono! There you are!"

I look over and see Kaminoko running up to me, for once I am glad to see her, I need to get my mind off last night anyways.

"Hi Kaminoko! How are you?" I ask, waving.

"Good! I am so excited for tomorrow! Mayakashi is coming with us if that's ok" She says, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Yeah that's fine" I reply, smiling.

The bell rings and we go to class, our desks bare and empty before we sit down.

"Hey"

I turn to see Todoroki looking at me

"Oh... hello" I replied, my face turning beet red.

We sit there in awkward silence before Mr Aizawa walks in.

"Today we are going to continue training today, go to the locker rooms to get ready"

"Yes sir!" We all say.

After training we go to lunch, me, Mayakashi, and Kaminoko sit in our usual spot.

"Training was pretty hard today wasn't it?" Kaminoko said to the both of us.

"I guess, I'm sure it's going to get harder as the year progresses." Mayakashi answers

"I agree." I chime in.

I try to change the conversation. "So where will we meet up?"

"Oh! We can meet at the mall." Kaminoko replies.

"That sounds good."

The bell rings and we go back to class. I see Todoroki walking, maybe I should go talk to him...

I walk up to him "Hey..."

He looks at me "Hi."

We stand there in silence until I say "How are you?"

"Good."

More silence, we both don't know what to say to each other.

"We should probably get to class." Todoroki says

"Yeah" I mumble.

The rest of the school day was kinda a drag, but finally, the school day is over. I'm free for two days. I walk home and open the door.

"Amma! I'm home!" I shout.

"Come to the living room! I need to talk to you!"

I take a deep breath. It's probably about last night..

I walk to the living room to see Amma sitting on the couch, her face stern.

She sighs. "About last night.."

"Amma, I just want to forget about it." I said.

"I know, but you should know what happened..."

"I already know, they escaped prison and wanted to see me."

"Yes... the police called me today, your parents wanted to talk to you."

I can feel my insides boiling, why would I ever want to see them after what they have done to me?

"I am not talking to them."

Amma sighs. "I know honey, you don't have to if you don't want to."

"I'm going to go do my homework." I mumble walking upstairs

I close my door and lay on my bed, my parents have the nerve to walk into my home and beg for forgiveness? Even though they knew exactly the pain they have caused me? I take deep breaths and try to calm down. I go to my desk and start my homework, Trying to get my mind off of my parents, but they still sit in my mind, what they have done to me, the harmful words they said to me, they ruined my childhood. No matter how hard they try, they will never earn my trust.

                          568 words