6

The weekend flew by a little quicker than I wanted it to. I walk up to the campus and look for Kaminoko. But I don't see her anywhere. I continue walking around but she is nowhere to be seen. Then my phone buzzes. I check and see a message from Kaminoko.

"Going to miss school today. Visiting my dad in the underworld."

I sigh, this is going to be rough today. Maybe I could sit with Mayakashi? Then the bells rings. I run to class realizing I'm going to be late and sensei would get really mad. I'm close to the classroom when I bump into someone and fall to the ground. I look to see Todoroki there.

My face turns beet red "I'm so sorry! I had no Idea..." I said, getting up.

"It's fine, just be careful," he says, looking away.

"Yeah..Well I better get to class." I mumble.

"Yeah.." He replies.

We both go into our classroom and walk to our desk and sit in silence. Aizawa walks in and begins a lecture. It's hard to focus because I still can't stop thinking about my encounter with Todoroki. Why must everything seem so awkward between the two of us?

~~~

It's finally lunchtime but Kaminoko is not here. Mayakashi was here today but he kinda disappeared. I look around and find an empty table. I sit down and start eating, hoping I don't look miserable.

"Can we sit here?"

I look up and see a boy with green curly hair and green eyes looking at me. He's with a girl with a brown bob and brown eyes.  A guy with dark blue hair and glasses.. A girl with long wavy brown hair and light brown skin. And...is that Todoroki?

"Oh..Sure.." I whisper.

They all sit down and chat, not really acknowledging me. Before the boy with curly green hair starts to talk.

"I'm pretty sure you're in our class right?" He asks.

"Um....Yeah I am." I mutter.

"I don't think we've properly met. My name is Izuku Midoriya!" He says, a huge grin on his face.

He points to the girl with the brown bob "That's Ochako Ururaka."

"Nice to meet you." Ururaka says, smiling.

The guy with the glasses sticks out his hand " My name is Tenya Iida, It is a pleasure to meet you."

The girl with the long wavy hair smiles and waves "My name is Uma Kumunui. Nice meeting you."

Izuku points at Todoroki "I'm sure you already know him but thats Shoto Todoroki"

Todoroki doesn't say anything. Not even a wave or hello.

"It's nice to meet all of you. My name is Ikimono Fujiiro" I say, feeling a smile creep up my face.

We all chat for a couple of minutes when we see Hatsuko walking by with the Bakusquad. Ururaka's face turns into a scowl.

"I don't like her. She was rude to me for no reason." she grumbles.

I never knew Hatsuko and Ururaka didn't like each other. I wonder what happened...

"Well anyway.." Uma says trying to change the subject. "Have you guys chosen who you will go with for internships?"

"I'm going to intern with Manual!" Iida replies.

"I'm going with some guy named Gran Torino" Midoriya chimes in.

"I'm going with Gunhead!" Ururaka exclaims.

"I don't really know yet, but hopefully I will find someone" I say.

The bell rings and we all walk to class together, talking and laughing until we reach the classroom. We all sit in our seats and continue class till the end of the day. I'm walking home when my phone buzzes. It's from Kaminoko.

"Did I miss anything today? How did you do?"

I text back. "Pretty good, you didn't really miss anything."

She replies "Good! See you tomorrow :)"

I walk home and into the living room, where Amma is watching TV.

"Hi ikimono!" Amma says, turning off the TV.

"Hi Amma!' I say, spitting down at the table.

"How was your day today?" She asks.

"Great! I made some new friends today!" I replied.

"That's amazing!" She pauses for a moment. "This calls for a celebration! I'm going to take you out for mochi." She says beaming.

"That sounds good!" I say, smiling.

                            707 words