17

"Amma, why do you buy so many antiques?" I groan, my arms getting sore from holding the shopping bags.

"What's wrong with some cute antiques? Everyone has their obsession." She smiles.

I sigh before walking into the next store.

Amma has always loved antiques to put in her house. From teapots to couches, mostly everything in our house is an antique she bought from the thrift store or garage sales. And today is the day she goes on a shopping spree. Seeing Amma walk into a thrift store is like seeing a toddler at a toy store.

"Ikimono, what's your opinion on these delft plates?" She says pointing to a display case of plates.

The plates were white but had a blue flower pattern surrounding the plates. They seemed worn down but not too badly. They were pretty cute.

"I like them." I smile.

"Well then I guess I'm getting them!" She grins.

We walk around the store for a while before Amma says she needs to use the bathroom.

"I'll be right." She waves

I stand there looking at the antiques displayed on the shelves.

"Fujiiro?" I hear a familiar voice say.

I turn around to see Shoto walking with a girl with white hair and red tints and glasses.

"Oh! Hey Shoto." I smile.

"Hey, didn't know you would be here." He says.

"Yeah, I'm here with my grandma." I answer.

"Oh where is she?" He asks.

"She went to the bathroom," I replied.

"Ah, well this is my sister Fuyumi." He points to the girl.

"Nice to meet you!" She says, extending her hand.

"Nice to meet you too." I shake her hand.

"Shoto has told me so much about you!" She beams.

"Oh... That's nice." I blush.

I let go of her hand and see Shoto looking away beet red.

"Ikimono, who are these people?" I hear Amma say from behind.

I turn to her.

"Oh this is my friend Shoto Todoroki and this is his sister Fuyumi." I answer.

"Oh that's nice, I'm Kagayaku Yosei, Fujiro's grandmother." She waves.

"A pleasure to meet both of you!" Fuyumi smiles.

"Shoto you seem like a fine young man, I'm glad my granddaughter made some good friends." She beams.

"If you want to date her one day I won't get in the way." She adds.

"Amma..." I whisper, embarrassed.

"Oh uh, thank you.." Shoto mutters.

"Well we better get going, it was nice to meet both of you!" Amma says before walking away.

I follow her.

"He seems very nice." She says.

"He is, but did you really have to tell him you have his approval? We aren't even dating!" I say.

"Maybe not yet, but at least he knows I'm okay with it." She laughs.

"Thanks Amma." I grunt

462 words