8

"Amma I'm going to the mall!" I shout as I leave the front door.

"Have fun! Be home by 6:00!" She shouts back.

I walk a couple of blocks before reaching the mall. I'm a little early so I decide to walk around for a little bit. I see a couple of coffee shops and clothing stores before walking into a small tea shop. I sit down and scroll through my phone before getting a message from Kaminoko.

"Running a little late! I will be there in ten minutes!"

Honestly I'm not surprised. Kaminoko seems like the type of person to be late for an event. I stayed in the shop for a couple of minutes before walking to the spot where we were going to meet. I stand there for a little bit before I hear Kaminokos voice.

"Hey Fujiiro! So sorry we are late!" Kaminoko says out of breath.

I turn around to see her panting with Mayakashi trying to catch up to her.

"Oh..Don't worry about it." I reply to her.

"So where should we go?" Mayakashi asks, going up to Kaminoko.

"I heard about this new coffee shop that recently opened up! We should go there!" Kaminoko exclaims.

"I could go for some coffee." Mayakashi chimes in.

We walk to the coffee shop, Kaminoko leading the way.

We walk into the coffee shop and order our drinks. Mayakashi adds a surprising amount of cream to his which seems unusual for a guy like him. When we receive our drinks we find a table to sit down at. After looking for a decent spot for a few minutes, we give up and decide to sit at one of the small fountains.

We sit on the edge of the fountain and chat for a couple of minutes before a group of familiar people sit near us.

"Where is she?" The girl with pink skin says, putting a hand on her hip.

"Maybe she's running late?" The red haired one suggests.

"Yeah maybe..." The pink girl continues, her eyes landing on us as she turns to us.

"Hey, have you guys happened to see a girl with short maroon hair? About five feet tall?" she asks, looking at us and shaking her head. "Where are my manners?" She clocks herself in the head with her palm. "Mina Ashido." she says, sticking out her hand. "Pretty sure you guys are in our class, right?" she asks as Kaminoko shakes her hand.

"Yep!" Kaminoko exclaims, leaning back so Mina can see Mayakashi and me behind her. "Thats Mayakashi Kunshu.." She says, nodding towards Mayakashi. "And that's Ikimono Fujiiro." She says, nodding towards me. "And I'm Kaminoko Fukutsu." She says, placing a hand on her chest.

"Cool! This is Eijirou Kirishima." Mina says pointing to the red haired guy. "This is Hanta Sero." Pointing to a guy with black hair. "This is Denki Kaminari." She points to a guy with blonde hair with a black stripe. "And thats Kastuki Bakugou" She points to a guy with spiky blonde hair.

"She is still running late! Where the heck is she!" Denki exclaims.

"Oh course morning breath is running late." Bakugou mumbles.

"Be patient you guys! I'm sure she is on her way.." She turns her head to the left.

"Oh there she is!" She exclaims.

We turn to see a girl with burgundy like hair running towards us. I realized that she was in the same class as me.

"Where were you!?" Kirishima asks.

The girl rolls her eyes. "I was just getting coffee. Which reminds me... I made a dead friend."

Mina Nods sarcastically and turns to us "Oh! I forgot to introduce you to her!"

Mina turns to the burgundy haired girl "Hinaki, meet Kaminoko Fukutsu, Ikimono Fujiiro, And Mayakashi Kunshu!" She says pointing to us.

She smiles "Oh yeah, we met a couple days ago."

"We should probably get going." Kaminari says.
Mina looks at her phone "You're right!" She turns back to us. "Well, see you guys at school!" She waves as the group leaves, Mina jogging up to them.

"They seem nice." Kaminoko beams.

"Hey can we get going? I wanna check out Hot Topic" Mayakashi asks.

"Oh right! Let's go!" Kaminoko replies, getting up from the edge of the fountain.

For the rest of the day we walk around the mall. We check out stores and walk around and chat. Though most of our conversations are about how we cannot believe Kaminoko  managed to defeat Bakugou and win the sports festival.

I look at the time on my phone 5:48. "Oh! Sorry guys I got to go! I promised Amma I would be back by 6:00!" I said, walking towards the exit.

"That's fine! We should do this another time! We'll see you later" Kaminoko says.

I walk home and I open the door.

"Amma! I'm home!" I yell.

"I'm in the kitchen!" Amma yells back.

I walk to the kitchen and see Amma sipping on her tea, her face calm.

"How was it?" She asks, smiling.

"It was really fun!" I replied back.

"That's nice, now go wash up, I made dinner." She says.

I go to the bathroom and wash up, a grin spreads throughout my face. Today was fun and for once in my life. I felt like I belong somewhere.

                         891 words