Girls vs. Boys - Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Lexi

I set my last shirt in my suitcase before zipping it.  I turned around to Amy and Summer.  I walked over to them and hugged them as hard as I could.

“I’m going to miss you both so much!” I said trying to fight the tears.

“Whatever you both do, always remember me, and to come back next summer,” Amy said.

“Of course!” Summer and I yelled.

We hugged one last time before bringing all of our suitcases outside.  The boys stood outside of our cabin helping carry the suitcases to the taxi.  I loaded my last suitcase in the back and turned to Zack.

He walked to me and hugged me.  I put my arms around his neck and buried my head in chest.  We stood like that for a while. 

I pulled back and said, “I’m going to miss you so much Zach.” 

He looked at me before cupping m y check with his hand and leaned in, kissing me.

I pulled back after a moment, looking at him. I hugged him one last time before getting in the car.

“Lexi, wait,” Zack said as I was getting in.  I stepped back out and looked at him.

“Turn around,” He said.  I looked at him confused but turned around anyway.  I felt something go around my neck and I looked down.  It was the necklace that I threw at Zack, the one that he gave me.  He clipped in the back and I turned around smiling.

“Thank you,” I said hugging him and kissing him on the cheek.

“See you next year,” I whispered before turning and getting in the car.

I waved to the boys as the car started pulling away.  This summer was amazing.  I can’t wait for the next one.

I turned to the girls at the airport hugging them one last time.

“Call me everyday!” I said to them.

They nodded laughing, but half crying.

“I’ve got to go, I don’t want to miss my plane,” I said to the girls.

I handed my ticket to the attendant and walked on the plane waving to Amy and Summer.

This was it, I was actually going home, for nine months.