Girls vs. Boys - Chapter 3

Chapter 3

“W-What do you mean she’s gone?!” I yelled.  I looked at the paper.

Lexi and Amy,

I am sorry but I am leaving.  I love you both, you are like my sisters, but I just can’t take all the confusion.  I don’t know what to do about Will and I can’t face you both.  But know that I love you both so much, I will miss you both.  This isn’t goodbye forever but goodbye for now; I know I will see you both again one day, but for now goodbye.

I love you both,

Summer

I started crying half way throughout the note. 

I ran to the boys’ cabin, “Lexi what’s the matter!?” Zack said, pulling me into a hug, once he saw my tears. 

“S-Summer, i-is g-gone!” I stuttered. 

Will walked in the room, “Hey Le-what’s wrong?” he asked. 

“S-Summer,” I said. 

He froze, “What about Summer?” 

I handed him the note, he stared at it, “Do y-you know where she could have g-gone?” I asked. 

He nodded, “Where!?” I asked. 

He walked out the door, and I followed.  He walked into the offices and came back a minute later with a counselor.  We walked out into a parking lot and saw we were heading to a car, I hoped in and the counselor speed off.  We got out at the Burlington International Airport, I ran inside. 

I ran to the information desk, “Hello, how may I help you?” the lady asked. 

“Can you tell me if a girl named Summer Waters booked a flight?” I asked. 

She nodded, scrolling through her computer, “Ahh here we go,” She said. 

Will came up next to me, “She is on the 8:30 flight to California,” She said. 

I looked at my watch it was 8:13, “We need to get her off that plane,” I said. 

The lady looked at me and Will, “Well normally I wouldn’t allow this but I will call someone to assort you back there,” she said kindly.

“Thank you so much…Mary,” I said looking at her name tag.

 A person came in one of those golf carts that cops drive around in an airport, five minutes later, we had twelve minutes to catch Summer.