Girls vs. Boys - Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Amy

I can’t believe that tonight is the talent show and dance.  Everyone has been rushing around all day to get ready including me.  I had to set up for the dance, get my dress ready, and get ready for the talent show.  Everything is going to be so rushed.  The talent show was at 5:30, dance at 7:00, oh and did I mention, I also have to clean up after. 

Ugh I hate this Ruby girl so much; she is the one, who signed me up for this, all of it.  I knew it because she walked up to me, and said ‘You’re welcome.’ I hadn’t known what it meant at first, but once they called my name for all of this, the realization hit me.  So right now I am setting up for the dance in the mess hall.  The talent show is at the stage out by the lake, oh joy I get to go set up for that too. 

“Amy…Amy, are you listening?”  Mary asked.  Mary was a quiet girl, who was here just for the fun of it. 

“Sorry, what were you saying?” I asked. 

“The stars need to be hung over there,” she pointed towards the stage. 

I nodded, “Ok, how much left do we have?” I asked. 

“Well,” she said looking at our clipboard, “We still have to get the lights working, we need the chairs for the king and queen…”

“Wait, what?” I asked. 

“You didn’t know, there are king and queen, you know like at a prom,” she said. 

I nodded, “Ok, so what else?” I asked. 

“Well, we need to mix the punch, and make sure all the food is ready, the streamers need to be set up and we still have to make more stars,” she said. 

“Ok I will hang the streamers, if I get done with that I will help out with the stars,” I said. 

She nodded and walked off.  I grabbed the streamers, tape, and ladder.  I set up the ladder and took the streamers, walking up the steps. 

I finally finished the last of the streamers, and I have to say they looked really good.  I walked over to where they were making the stars. 

“Do you need any help?” I asked them. 

“Could you help hang them?”  I nodded and grabbed a couple, walking around and hanging them on the hooks they had up. 

After another half hour, we finally got done, and now I was heading to the stage.  I got to the stage and was so grateful that they were done. 

I walked back to my cabin, and went straight for the bathroom.  I took a long bath, and got out drying myself off.  I put the towel on my head, and my clothes.  Walking out of the bathroom, I froze. 

“What the hell are you doing?!” I screamed.