Chapter 3

Ariana's POV

3 hours later.

Dads car pulled up in the driveway, I gulped and pulled my knees up to my chest and I focused on watching the TV.

"Well, what do you have to say for yourself?" He asked, he stood in front of the TV so I had no choice but to pay attention to him.

"I'm sorry" I mumbled.

"You're 16! I would have thought you would have been more responsible about your sisters safety!" It feels like he doesn't even care about me, its just Kaitlin all of the time.

"I'm sorry" I repeated and I looked at my hands.

"Have you tried to call her?" He asked.

"Yes" I muttered.

"Did she answer?" He asked.

"What do you think?" I spat

"Don't speak to me like that!" He shouted.

I sighed and looked at my hands, I picked up my phone from the coffee table and dialled Kaitlin's number again.

"H-Hello?" She laughed.

"Kaitlin, where are you?" I asked

"At the fucking party, where do you think?!" She shouted.

"Well Dad is shouting at me because you went to the party so will you come back now?" I huffed.

"I am not shouting at you!" He hissed.

"Nope, Bye Ariana!" She hung up the phone and I smiled sarcastically at my dad.

"Your 'little princess' just hung up and refused to come home" I mumbled and walked out of the living room and began to walk upstairs.

I closed my bedroom door and flicked the light switch on, I fell flat on my double bed and I played some music on my phone.

*

Something hit the window and scared me, I stood up on my bed and I pushed my bedroom window open.

"Oh, hey Ash" I greeted him, Ash is probably my only friend right now. Luckily his bedroom window is directly parallel to mine so we can always speak to each other.

"What's up buttercup?" He asked, I began to laugh and he smiled at me.

"Really?" I couldn't stop laughing.

"Whats so bad about that?" He asked once I had calmed down a little.

"Its just so.. Weird" I shrugged, I don't even have a reason why I found it so amusing.

"Anyway, what's wrong?" He suddenly became more serious.

"The usual" I laughed, Ash always knew what was wrong with me and I figured that it would probably be really boring if I kept telling him the same thing over and over.

"Your dad?" I nodded and sighed.

"Is that.. Is that Kaitlin?" He asked, I leant out of the window a little bit more and saw my younger sister stumbling up the driveway.

"Yes" I groaned.

I flinched when I heard the front door slam, this isn't going to be good.

"Ariana!" My dad sounded really angry, I gulped and looked at Ashton in panic.

"Come straight back" I nodded and got down from my bed, I opened my bedroom door and jogged downstairs.

"See! This is what happens! I can't believe how irresponsible you are!" He scolded.

"I tried to stop her!" I shouted back.

"No you clearly didn't, Look at my poor princess!" He pointed at Kaitlin who was laying on the couch.

"Your 'princess' didn't listen to me" I rolled my eyes and leant against the wall.

"Do you want to be grounded?!" He raised his voice even more.

"Sure, ground me AGAIN for something I didn't do" I spat and walked back upstairs ignoring him shouting me.

I slammed my bedroom door and I climbed back onto my bed and I looked out of the window, Ash smiled and I smiled back.

"So.. What happened?" He asked.

I told him the previous conversation between me and my dad and he just shook his head and looked at me sympathetically.

"Does that mean your grounded then?" He asked

"Probably, but who cares" I laughed.