Chapter Twenty-Four: The Final Fight

I did it. I dyed my hair. It looked awesome! The ends were purple and there was a purple streak in my hair. As I walked out of the door, I ran straight into my dad.

"What did you do to your hair." It was a statement rather than a question

"I wanted to change it up a bit" I shrugged

"Jasmine Rose does your mother know?"

"Don't know, Don't care" I said as I walked away, my crowd following behind me

I turned around so I was walking backwards "hey dad!" I called. He turned his head. I put both middle fingers in the air "YOLO!" and i jumped out the open window.

I love the feeling of the cold air biting my cheeks as I free fell. At the last moment, I put my IronJunior suit on and flew high up, higher than an airplane. Almost in space.

I noticed energy, almost like smoke, coming from Central Park. I stopped midair and turned around, bolting towards an abandoned alley to put my Vertigo suit on.

After making sure no one could see who I was, I used my special phone to let the Super Six know about the threat, who I was sure was Apex.

As I rose up from behind the building, I changed the colors of my powers to be purple, just to fit the vibe.

Apparently I wasn't the only one who changed my look. Apex did the same thing to her hair as I did, but red. She also changed her powers to be red to match. I guess great minds think alike?

"Hey Apex!" I called

She turned to me "Uhh who are you?"

"Vertigo. Founder and leader of the Super Six" I explained

"I've never heard of them..."

"You will"

I started firing bolts of energy at her, then I did the one thing I swore I'd never do.

I mind controlled my twin sister.

Apex

I was fighting this girl in a hood which, to be honest, had a pretty cool suit. Her powers were almost identical to mine. She started firing at me, and then all of a sudden, my body went numb. I was still inside my body, but I had no control over what I was doing.

Vertigo was mind controlling me.

As soon as I realized this, I started fighting back.

She made me just sit there, and suddenly, her thoughts became my thoughts.

"I can't believe this."
"Both of them. My two favorite people. Both of them hate me"
"Why does my life fucking SUCK?!"
"I wish it was easy. I wish that New York didn't need superheroes. I wish I could be a normal girl. I wish..."

I couldn't help but feel sorry for Vertigo. Whatever she's going through in her normal life, it seems awful.

Charlotte, what the hell are you thinking? She's your enemy! Fight back!

Vertigo

Apex fought back almost immediately. A few minutes later, the Super six showed up

"About time!" I called as Apex broke free of the mind control

"Sorry, I was caught up with something!" Commander Saturn made an excuse