Mutants

(I've decided to introduce some new characters into this story with a few changes to them)

New York

I was currently jumping and out of a burning building saving people while the firefighters tried to control the fire. The building was coming down fast and I was trying to save everyone before it came down and it was looking good for the most part. I kicked down a burning door and entered a room to see a girl with black hair and purple tips on the floor holding a little girl in her arms. She looked up at me as I ran towards her kneeling down to her. "Come on I'm getting both of you out of here!" The girl then shakily stood up with the girl in her arms struggling to stand with the girl. Seeing her struggle I took the little girl from her hands, then I grabbed her hand and started running to the exit pulling her behind me. As we were running ceiling started to collapse on top of us. I went to put my body between the girl in my arms and the collapsing ceiling but before it could hit a green shock wave destroyed the debris. I looked up to see the older girl with her arms stretched out towards me with a look of shock on her face.

The sound of the ceiling continue to break snapped me out of my trance and I grabbed the older girls hand once more and ran through the exit of the building pulling them to safety just as the building collapsed. The EMT's rushed over to us and took both girls to the ambulance where they treated the younger for inhaling too much smoke, the older one just sat beside the younger girl.

I walked up to the older girl who looked up at me and I spoke softly to her, "We need to talk." She looked down guilty about something and then nodded to me. We walked a short distance away where she stood with her arms wrapped around herself nervously. I decided to take the initiative and start talking, "Thank you for saving my life." She looked up at me with a shocked expression, "I-uh-um" She started stammering not knowing how to respond.

I just laughed a little bit and she looked at me worriedly, "So you're not gonna arrest me for being a mutant?" I raised my eyebrow at this, "And why would I arrest someone who used their powers to protect someone they love." I say gesturing over to the little girl.

I then continued talking, "But, I would like to ask you if you'd consider using those powers for good." She looked up at me confused, "I'm sorry I'm afraid I don't understand?" I just nodded at this and continued to explain to her, "Well you see I work for an organization called SHIELD which you might have heard of?" She nodded so I continued, "Anyway I think that you'd be able to join me and help use your powers for good and help fight the good fight." 

She looked at me shocked at what I was telling her, "But I can barely control my powers as it is, and besides I have my little sister to take care of." I nodded in understanding, "SHIELD can help you train to control your powers and give both you and your sister a safe place to stay."

She looked down sadly, "I had to get out of school in order to take care of Jessica, I worked 3 jobs just to pay for food, rent, and putting her through school." I looked at her with respect at how she put her sister before herself. "SHIELD can help you with that, they can give you a place to stay and pay for both you and your sisters education. You won't have to worry about things like food and bills anymore." I stuck my hand out for her to shake, "And if you decide to join the good fight we'll train you to control your powers."

She thought about it for a moment then smiled and shook my hand, "My names Daisy Johnson and I would like to be a hero like you."

"