The Beetle

New York

Ok so it's been a few weeks since I found out about the brewing gang war in New York, since then I have been working overtime to track down the gangs of New York and shut them down. Because I have been so busy I haven't been able to hang out with the team much. That's why I'm helping them with the Trapster right now even though I know that they don't need it. I was proven right when they used a coordinated maneuver called "Operation: Gluestick" which was obviously made specifically for the Trapster. They sabotaged the pack that held the Trapsters glue and stuck him in a concrete tube trapping him in his own glue.

The team and I met up back in the usual SHIELD meeting room where Fury made an announcement to them. "Impressive work with the Trapster. You're really coming together as a team. And that's why I'm giving you your first sanctioned S.H.I.E.L.D. op." Everyone on the team cheered at this. "The Beetle. Our intel on him is practically nil and he wants to keep it that way. One thing's for sure, he's not going to appreciate being put under the Bugle's microscope. He'll do whatever it takes to put a stop to it so..." The screen behind Fury turned on revealing J. Jonah Jameson, "And once I'm done exposing the Beetle, that wall crawling menace Spider-Man is next. My journalistic instinct tells me they're probably in cahoots"

Nick then reveals what the assignment is, "Your first mission is to protect J. Jonah Jameson." Peter fell over in surprise, "No really. What's the assignment?"

Nick continues his explanation, "The Beetle wants to shut Jameson up and he'll end him to do it."

J. Jonah Jameson continues to talk in the background, "Once again, the Bugle will shine the light where others fear to look. Our upcoming exposé on the mysterious Beetle promises to reveal the exact kind of crimes he's been committing."

Nick drawls out, "He has no idea. The Beetle's stolen weapons, put our most wanted back on the streets. He's never been beaten and he won't stand for being out."

Peter just shrugged it off, "Big deal. Jameson can take care of himself."

"He certainly think so" Nick says looking back at the screen which was still playing the news.

"There have been threats on my life over this story, but I will not be strong armed. You want me Beetle? You know where to find me. J. Jonah Jameson will not hide, nor will he seek protection!" J. Jonah Jameson exclaims. 

Later

The whole team was standing on a building right across from the Daily Bugle Communications building. They were all talking about how either one of them could beat the Beetle single handedly. I however was standing as the edge of the building looking at the Daily Bugle building thinking about how the Beetle would gain entrance to try and take out Jameson.

'I doubt he'd just walk through the front door. He'll probably just go straight for Jameson and break into his office from the window and take him out in as little time as possible.'

I was brought out of my train of thought by Peter exclaiming how MJ had an interview with Jameson today of all days. I groaned, this complicated the mission even more than before, now we have to protect MJ and Jameson on top of stopping the Beetle. After a minute Pete had a plan of action. Iron fist and Power man would try to stop MJ from entering the building by blocking the door. If that failed then Nova would prevent her from getting on an elevator, if that failed as well then White Tiger would disable the elevator. All the while I'd be in the vents near Jameson's office in case the Beetle came while the team was trying to prevent MJ from getting to the interview.

Iron fist and Powerman had failed to stop her and the Beetle had knocked them both out with knockout gas as soon as Peter and MJ left. Nova had also failed when MJ tricked him by flirting with him and running into the elevator leaving him on the ground floor, Beetle then came up and electrocuted Nova causing him to fly out of control and knock himself out. White Tiger did disable the elevator but MJ had just opened the doors and started to take the stairs up to the top. After she had disabled the elevator White Tiger went after the Beetle but the Beetle got the drop on her and shot her from behind knocking her out as well. When Peter and MJ made it to the top floor Peter rushed MJ into the interview and Nate came crawling out of the vent to talk to Peter.