End.

"Thanks for defending me like that" I told Patrick as he drove.

"Welcome, he needs to grow up. Yelling at your girlfriend who illegally drove like four hundred miles just to see you isn't right. And there was that time he dumped you for no reason after you bailed him out of jail, and he keeps going to jail. He was like my best friend and now he's a total jerk."

"I'm no better Patrick" I said.

"Well do you want to be better? Because I can help with that." He asked.

"I do. I'm tired of acting like a child and doing bad stuff, that's just not me." I said.

"When you came back here from Michigan with lip rings, wearing all black, and stealing cars I was worried you were turning into Pete." Patrick laughed.

"I think I was. Its nice to be around someone who doesn't have their head in their ass." I said.

"I try to appear like I have my shit together" he chuckled.

"Why can't I make myself love you instead of Pete?" I asked sadly.

"That's just how things work" he shrugged "you've known him since you were little and I never once expected you to like me more than him. Just certain people are made for each other. I know your mad at Pete right now but I'd seriously consider asking him to get himself together before getting back into a relationship with him." Patrick said.

"That's a really good idea, I'm just not happy without him." I said

"I know, and I'm tired of seeing you suffer because he doesn't know how to be an adult." Patrick said.

Once we set foot back in Patrick's house he handed me his phone and urged me to call Pete and set up a deal.

I listenened intently and nervously as the phone wrung.

"What?" Pete snapped as he picked up.

"Its not Patrick." I said.

"Good" he said and the phone went quiet a moment "when are you coming home?" He asked now with sadness in his voice.

"I love you Pete but.."

"But? I don't like this. I miss you." He said

"I just want you to clean your life up a bit" I said "I'm trying really hard to be an adult and I think you should too. No more stealing for either of us, jobs, a place the whole thing." I said.

"If that's what you want I'll do it." He said. "Give me a week."

Pete stayed true to his words, he called me at Patrick's every night that week, he got a job and was coming over tonight to give me a surprise.

"Where are we going?" I asked Pete as he drove.

"Downtown" he answered simply.

"Because?" I asked

"That's where our apartment is" he smiled.

"What?!" I freaked out. "Your kidding me!?"

"Nope" he smiled with his toothy grin. "I told you I'd do it."

"I love you so much!" I squealed as we pull led up to some apartments. I threw my arms around him tightly.

"I love you too Autumn" he said.

2 years later

I woke up with a couple sets of arms in my back and around me. I sat up realizing it was so cold in the van I could see my breath. Pete had been cuddling me as I was sandwitched in the back of the van with Pete, Patrick and Andy.

"How's it going up there, Joe?" I sat up and looked over the seats to Joe who had been driving.

"I'm tired as hell, and we may be late for the next show. Wanna take over for a bit?" He asked.

"Sure." I said and crawled over the seats to get to the driver seat. The guys next show was in Ohio and we had quite a ways to go before we got there. This is mostly my life now, but every day is an adventure and I wouldn't trade it for anything, I wouldn't trade Pete for anything. I mostly helped drive and set the guys up for shows and if Joe, Andy, or Pete got sick I'd fill in for them.

"What the hell?!" I heard Joe yell from the back.

"Joe?!" Pete said in surprise.

"Get your hands off me Pete!" Joe yelled back.

"Where the hell is my girlfriend?" Pete asked and I just laughed.

"Fiancé" I heard Andy sleepily correct Pete.

"Sorry honey, old habit." Pete called to me.

"Shut up guys!" Patrick grumbled.

So guys, that's it! I hope you enjoyed it.