the hidden truth

As I laid down on the roof with Pete's and my tongues moving together in the same paces in my mouth, I know it sounds cheesy but the way he kissed me was like poetry, it just flowed so smoothly and rhythmically. My body got tense as he snaked his hand up my shirt and gently ran his fingers across the skin of my stomach giving me goose bumps and making me let out a tiny, uncontrollable moan. I was hoping he wouldn't notice but that hope was shot to hell when he pulled away from me a bit and smirked in satisfaction.

"Maybe we should take this inside. You know, unless you're into people watching you have sex on a roof, then I guess I could get into that too." He winked and I sat up.

"We're not having sex, and especially not on a roof, Pete." I said blatantly then climbed down the ladder that led back into Pete's room. He followed me down and closed the little door with the folding ladder back up like a slinky or an accordion.

"Hey, it's your choice. But just to let you know, you're my girlfriend now." He said with a Cheshire grin smile.

"Pete that's not how that works, you can't just order someone to be your girlfriend."

"No, but I know you want to." He said.

"You don't know what I want." I crossed my arms playfully.

"I know you want me" he said.

"So?" I said.

"Why not just let it happen then?" He asked.

"Wait are we talking about sex again, if so that's a big no." I said.

"Well in that case were still talking about you being my girlfriend."

"I'll think about it." I said.

"I can help you think about it." He offered playfully.

"Good night, Peter pan"

"You haven't called me that since we were kids." He said and I continued to walk out his door into my own room and close the door behind me.

I woke up to the feeling of someone touching my hair and began to freak out. I saw Pete grinning next to me in my bed.

"Jesus fucking Christ, Pete!" I said "how long have you been in my bed?"

"Not long, I just climbed in here."

"I really should start locking my door more often" I said.

"You would really do that to me?" He asked faking offence.

"Probably not, this is actually kind of sweet, creepy, but sweet."

"Creepy and sweet are the two best words to describe me." He said making me smile. "By the way, I stole a pair of your jeans, sorry." He said and I scowled at him.

"But to be fair, something of mine is now in your room somewhere."

"It better not be something weird." I said and he laughed.

"No, I promise its not." He said. Our heads quickly looked to my door as it slowly creaked open and Hillary poked her head in.

"Mooooooom!" She cried with seeing Pete in my bed and scurried off.

"Like they would do anything." Pete said"they want us together."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"They put our rooms right beside each other, and the thing when we were little. Just watch. I'll meet you down stairs in five minutes." I agreed and after he left I got dressed, fixed my hair and headed downstairs. Everyone was having breakfast in the dining room. When I sat down by Pete, Hillary gave us a smirk and Pete gave her a glare.

"Mom, dad. You'll never guess what I saw when I went to wake Autumn and Pete up for breakfast." Hillary said. Her mother just looked at her but kept on eating. It seemed like no one was paying much attention so she went on. "I found Pete and Autumn in her bed together." She said.

"Well, were they doing anything wrong?" She asked

"No.." Hillary said "but isn't there some sort of rule against it?" She said.

"No, and its none of your business." Pete said simply.

"Mom, did you just hear-" Hillary began but her mother interrupted.

"I herd him, and he's right, they're both adults and it really doesn't matter what they do as long as they do it safe and as long as we don't hear them down here." She said making Hillary make a disgusted face.

"Please, I was just waking her up. And just FYI I slept in my own bed last night So let it go Hillary." Pete said shutting Hillary up for now until their mother left the room.

"I know theirs something going on between you two, dad will care, wait until he gets home." She crossed her arms.

"On come on Hillary, mom and dad don't care, they wouldn't even care if they caught us banging." Pete said making my heart skip a beat, I was pretty sure I was blushing now.

"Whatever, I guess that's why her parents lied to her about going on a business trip so she would have to come here." Pete and I looked at her confused." Yeah, herd my mom talking on the phone with your mom the other day. This is all just a sick set up. Our parents want you to to be together and your falling for it, idiots." Hillary said then walked off leaving Pete and I in silence for a moment, stunned at the table.