sitting out dances on the wall

I put my forehead down on the table and just sighed.

"Are you going to be alright?" Patrick asked.

" Please tell me you didn't guilt him into dumping me." I said irritatedly.

"No, that was all him unfortunately." Patrick said and took a seat beside me at the table.

"I'll be alright. We were only together for a day anyway."  I said trying to make this feel as though it didn't upset me as much as it did.

"Well you live with him for the time being, so I'm just worried that its going to get to you too much or something." Patrick said.

"Its alright. I can handle this." I assured him.

"Do you want to play some video games or something or watch a movie to pass some time until you can go home?" Patrick asked. 'Home'? The Wentz house was anything but home I knew it would be the same warzone as it was but with no allies on my side now. I didn't want to go back right now but I also didn't want to do anything with Patrick, who I felt was jumping at this chance.

"I just want to be here a minute, alone." I said.

"I-I'm sorry...I just wanted to make you feel better." He said gently as he stood up and pushed in his chair. I heard him walk out of the kitchen. I sat there alone with my thoughts possibly over thinking everything.

A while of total silence passed before I decided to get up. I went into Patrick's living room but he wasn't there.

"Patrick?!" I called through the house.

"Up here!" He called back from some where up stairs. I headed up the stairs and began to hear the soft strumming an acoustic guitar. I followed the noise into a simple little room with blue walls. Patrick was sitting on a twin bed with playing the acoustic guitar I herd.

"Do you want to go home?" He looked to me in his door way.

"I guess so." I said.

"Why don't you come in for a minute?" he asked. I walked into his room and sat next to him on his bed with enough space between us to where we could actually fit another person.

"I'm really sorry about Pete, sometimes he just do sent know what he wants." Patrick said.

"I think I'm going to go home, Patrick." I said kicking my shoes off and pulling my knees to my chest

"I don't blame you, that's what I would want to do too." He said.

"You're not going to beg me to stay?" I asked.

"No, this isn't my decision.... unless you want me to?" He laughed.

"give it a try" I laughed. He smiled and put down his guitar and propped it against the side of his bed before turning back to me.

"Please, please, don't leave. I would miss you!" He said playfully making me laugh "look at that, I made you laugh"

"You wouldn't really miss me though, right?" I asked

"Are you kidding? You were my first date, of course I would. Pete messed up, and in my opinion if you stick around long enough I'm sure he'll realize it"

"It feels nice to know that someone actually wants me here." I said.

"No problem" he smiled as he picked back up his guitar. I watched him just play for a moment. I looked at his sideburns as he hummed some melody I didn't recognize. It didn't feel awkward but more like comfortable and soothing, for some reason it made me feel better.

"Thanks" I said.

"Huh? For what?" He asked.

"For the longest most comforting wordless moment of my life" I said.

"Welcome?" He laughed not understanding "anytime. You ready to go home now that I somehow made you feel better?" He asked with a smile.

Hey guys! I'm so happy about all the votes and views this story is getting, its shocking to me! Let me know who's team your on for this team Stump or team Wentz! Thank y'all for reading so far!