2

I am waiting for Eli in Jollibee near UST. She had her orientation and I promised that I will pick her up. So I did.

"That was boring." My best friend is suddenly in front of me with her yellow shirt and a denim culottes. And of course she's wearing her expensive Gucci sneakers. She always wear that. She's sweaty maybe because she walked from whatever building she had the orientation.

"Boring because I'm not with you?" I joked.

"Feeler. What do you want? Do you wanna eat here?" She asked and looked around. There's a lot of students wearing yellow like her.

"I'm hungry but I can wait. Where do you wanna eat ba?"

"Then let's ear here. You are not allowed to be hungry. You know that." Told you guys, she's my warden. Sometimes I feel like she wants to be a doctor becuse of me.

"I don't want to be your patient in the future, you'll nag me to death." I honestly told her. But she just rolled her eyes and carried her wallet with her. I chuckled at that.

I was watching her the whole time habang nakapila. You know the thing about having a father who cooks good? You never get to eat at Jollibee often. Actually anything that can be bought outside. Except Manam because that's my mom's favorite and clearly, she's the boss.

When people starts to fall in line behind Eli, I immediately called her. She's so little I can't see her.

"I know your order already, 2 pc chicken." She said right after answering the phone.

"No. Get back here I'll fall in line." I said and stood up to get a better looking. She looks back and made a funny face to me.

I carried her bag and left an umbrella in the table and walked straight to her.

"My order is—" she said while looking at the images in the menu.

"Spicy chicken with spaghetti" I interrupted, she stayed quiet, "Go! Bago pa mawala payong mo sa table." I added.

She rolled her eyes and followed. I went back with our orders and saw her talking with a bunch of students. Classmates niya ata.

"Oh this is Troye, my bestfriend. Troye, blockmates ko." She introduced us. I just smiled. And put the tray on our table.

"Bestfriend ba talaga?" One of her blockmates said. And I just chuckled. We get that a lot. Being best friends since grade 6, this isn't new. We are used to that comment.

"Sige kain na kayo. See you next week!" She said and they dispersed.

"You have a lot of friends na pala eh."

"Yeah. You know naman I'm miss friendship." She shrugged and started eating. Kukurot palang sana ako ng chicken niya pinalo na niya ang kamay ko.

"No spicy food, you'll get heartburn!"

"You're OA." I said and left her chicken alone.

She started to make kwento about her orientation. She's spilling some medical terms I don't understand. Actually sabi niya they're just course names. Imagine pangalan palang ng subjects niya, nadugo na ata ilong ko. But I listened anyway.

When we are done eating, I told her I need to go to Dad's resto. We went inside the car and she started talking about how she's hungry again. She really does eat a lot.