27

"Pick up mom and dad" Ate's already mad. But I'm ignoring her 'cause Margarette and I are doing our bonding. I don't think she likes her parents cause she cries pag binubuhat ni Kuya Ian and Atchi. But kapag hawak ko siya, she sleeps peacefully,

"Eh Uncle-Niece bonding."

"Uhm. I can't pick them up cause I'm literally in hospital bed." Ate stated the obvious. Kuya Ian's in his office rin.

"They're rich. They can hire a driver."

"Troye, sasapakin kita."

"Fine. Here's my favorite girl." I carefully give her Margarette.

"See hindi umiyak. Go!" She said and kissed my niece in the forehead. Umiling nalang ako. Paano iiyak eh tulog.

I quickly went back to Atchi's house and took a bath. I fixed up and drive to the airport. I am actually 10 minutes early so I just checked a few messages and email. Pag nasa ospital ako nalilimutan ko na magcheck eh.

I saw that Annie is making kwento about her crush, Eli called a lot of times, gusto niya makita si Margarette, and Father Jeff is asking if I need help fixing up may papers.

I replied to Father Jeff first and just bash Annie about being so pabebe. I was busy typing my message when Dad knock on the window of my car. I opened the trunk and gave Mom a hug.

"How's your Atchi?" She said.

"Attitude pa rin." I answered at tumawa siya. I opened the door for her. Dad's beside me.

"Is she cute?" Dad asked. Sinimangutan ko siya.

"Oo hindi mo kamukha eh." I rolled my eyes. Tinawanan nila ko parehas.

"Your Ate told us to ask you that at panuorin daw namin how you defended your niece." He explained.

"Of course she's cute. Ravena and De Leon on her veins. Duh?"

Umiling lang sila at tumawa. Dad opened the radio. I don't know the song but they are both singing. So I let them be.

We are a bit stuck in traffic so Mom spoke.

"Love, lower it down." She said to Dad.

"Troye, the clinical trial is successful. Uhm the 3D printed heart will be published next month. Now, you have to decide if you want to do it now or I don't know."

"My heart's fine, Ma. If it started to get tired, we'll fly to NY for that. Pwede ba yon?" I asked and turn to her. She smiled nodded.

"But if you feel even the slightest doubt na hindi okay, we'll fly agad ah." She added and I just raised my pinky. That means I promised.

Hinatid ko muna sila sa bahay para makaligo muna sila and palit ng clothes. Hindi ko sila hahatid kay Margarette if they're not clean.

Dad drove pabalik ng hospital. They're both excited. Yesterday, Kuya Ian's parents cried upon seeing Margarette. Ate Iana said something about being the first apo of both of the grandparents.

Mom hugged Atchi and asked about her condition. But Dad and I went to Margarette immediately.

"Oh c'mon! She looks like you. Anak mo ata yan eh." Dad commented. Trying to touch his apo's cheeks. She's asleep.

"Huh?"

"Wait, I'll check if you have a baby picture in my phone. You look exactly like that back then. Thank God, she got Ian's nose." Ang daldal ng tatay ko. He's browsing his phone to check if may baby pictures ako.

Maya-maya, mom's beside us.

"Ohhh she's pretty. Thank God she got Ian's nose." Napakunot ang noo ko. Panget ba ilong namin? Well, Ate's nose is the same as mom's. They're okay. Dad and I has the same nose. But I look like mom. What the hell? Do I have an ugly nose?