14

"Welcome to New York City!" My mom joyfully shouted paglabas namin ng airport. She grew up here and Dad said I should witness the New yorker version of my mom.

She's overjoyed that's for sure. There's a car waiting for us, we got in and mom said an address. The driver even looked at my mom like he was shocked to see her. Is my mom famous here?

I made a mental note to ask Atchi and Dad that later. We went to NYC na before pero bata pa ko. We just visited someone a friend ni Mom and Dad. Mom told me na meron pa rin namang property si Lolo and Lola here. So we are going to stay there.

"I made us an itinerary. Do you want to take short classes? Cause that's cool for resume or something." She's so hyped. She enumerated every course that she thinks that are cool. She even said she's willing to take baking class also.

"Anything about entrepreneurship?" I suddenly remembered the Grid.

"Oh yes but it's a 3 month long. We are only here for 2 months."

I just nodded. She keeps going on all the other courses related to business. I think she's still hopeful I'm gonna change my mind.

"Maybe I can extend for another month, mom? Do you think I can live here alone?" I suggested. Her mood changes a bit. She wants to say no. That's for sure.

"We'll ask your dad when he gets here." She smiled fakely.

When we get to my grandparents property, medyo natulala ako.

"You used to live here back when you're young?"

"Oh no no. Our house is bigger than this. Your wowa and wowo just bought this a few years back in case they missed the life here." Napakunot ang noo ko. Bigger than this? Wth. Are they crazy rich?

An asian guard greeted us, I'm not sure if he's Pinoy or not. Mom just keeps on smiling. I don't even think she's listening to whatever he's saying as a welcoming remark. When we reached the door, the helpers giggled seeing my mom. I think they're all close cause they hugged a little tight.

"Bunso ko, si Troye." Mom finally remembered that I'm with her.

"Naku. Kamukhang kamukha ni Thirdy." She hugged me too. I just smiled. I remembered that Mom mentioned that Wowo and Wowa only hires Pinoy people.

"Mabuti naman nakabisita ka. Ang mommy at Daddy mo, isang bes lang bumisita rito. Mukhang ipapamana na rin to sainyo ni Loel." The helper added. Wowo and Wowa are still strong.

"I doubt that. Sa mga apo pwede pa." Mom answered. I just let my eyes roam. I can't believe my mom is this rich.

More helpers came to carry our bags. I would decline sana kasi kaya ko naman buhatin yon pero Mom said its okay.

She sat a bit in the sofa and then closed her eyes. Siguro naramdaman niya na yung pagod ngayon.

"Your Ate made sumbong na hindi ka daw nagpaalam kay Eleanor." She said kahit nakapikit. Akala ko she wants to sleep.

"She didn't need me anymore, Mom."

"That's a harsh thing to say."

"Beatriz, umakyat ka na at magpahinga. Ako na ang sasama kay Troye sa kwarto niya." One of the helpers said. Feel ko siya yung may highest position. Siya ata pinakaclose ni Mom eh.

I smiled to my mom and nodded to confirm it's okay if she wanted to rest.

"Okay I'll tour you later. I'll take a nap lang."

I nodded and followed the helper. I made a mental note to ask Mom what are their names later.

"This is your room. Just call me when you need anything. Pahinga ka na rin muna." She smiled and opened the door for me.

I was shocked to see my room. It has my pictures in there. So I assumed that my grandparents really made this room for me.

I tried to roam around the room. And each minute I'm amazed. I wonder if Ate has her own room too.

I changed into more comfortable clothes and tried to sleep it off.

Diary Entry #20
I just want to be alone and sad. I want to feel it all so that I'll get used to it. I want to be resistant to all of these feelings.