7

It's been a while since Eli's confession. Hindi kami naguusap after. I mean, do I need to be the one to initiate the conversation? Or should I wait for her to come around?

I told everything kay Ate that night. I actually lost my mind when she said she is not shocked. And somehow she knew.

"If you don't like her, then tell her. Hindi yung hindi kayo magpapansinan. Ang tagal tagal niyo ng magkasama nun." Atsi called for the 3rd time about this. I'm actually surprised na hindi pa alam ni Mom at Dad.

"It'll be awkward."

"So? I'm telling you, a straight up rejection is better than anything you are doing."

"Fine, I'll pick her up this weekend."

"Do it, Troye." And I ended the call bago pa ano ang sabihin niya. She talked a lot. Just like Dad. They say she's the OG Ravena.

I drove to The Grid alone today. Dad won't come with me since mom asked him to go with her sa check-up. They're growing old together kaya ayun. Ang dami na nilang iniinda.

Annie and I are getting close lately. I am helping Auntie Kristine kasi sa reception these past few days. So most of the time nasa baba ako. She's doing better now compared the last time I saw her. I even asked Auntie to be gentle with her.

I'm actually thinking if sa baba nalang ako magccheck ng paperworks dahil ayoko magisa sa taas. Pagpasok ko, I already made my survey.

"Do you think I should work here instead magisa sa taas?" I asked Auntie.

"You just want to flirt with Annie. Anak ka nga ng tatay mo." She pointed at a single table gesturing where I should sit and do my paper works.

"Fine."

So I said hi to all of the Chefs and the crew before getting my laptop to do my work. I am actually nervous because Dad told me that I will be deciding a lot today. But actually, they've already decided for me.

"Bakit andito ka?" Annie spoke habang ginagawa ko yung excel na hindi natapos ni dad.

"Ayoko sa taas magisa." I honestly said.

"Ay duwag naman pala yern." Annie teases me.

"Shut up. Wala ka bang gagawin?"

"Actually wala masyado. May reporting kami tomorrow so baka wala kaming lahat." she is referring to the shs students who are doing their immersion.

"Noted on that." I smiled and got back to my work. The whole day is boring and all. I just finished the paperworks. Noong kinagabihan, I helped Auntie Kristine again sa reception. We are always jampacked during dinner time, kaya maraming tao.

"You look sad." Auntie Kristine commented.

"Huh? Hindi ah." I faked a smile at her.

Maya-maya, Annie went to us para magpaalam.

"Early out po kami." She said.

I just smiled.

"Ingat!"

"Annie, Troye looks sad ano?" Auntie Kristine repeated.

"Yeah. Since last week. Kulang ka lang sa harot." Annie teases. She is actually teasing me kay Eleanor. She said the whole campus knew na we have something kaya daw walang nagbabalak manligaw kay Eli at walang nagccrush sakin. 

"Ay nako." I shrugged.

"Parang hindi naman kulang sa harot. Andyan ka naman." Auntie said. Nakakaloka. I eyed her.