11

"All I'm saying is be sure about what you want. That's a big step and a very difficult decision." Atchi is doing her sermon while we are here in their house. She's really pregnant so we can't argue with what she wants.

"I'm kinda sure." I confirmed.

"Dad? Mom?" Ate called in for help.

"Ako, basta masaya siya. Pwede namang umalis kapg nagbago ang isip." Dad explained. Kuya Ian agrees.

"That's what I told Iza. I think Troye should try it first." He added.

Mom's quiet about this. Maybe because it's my birthday and she don't want to ruin my day. She knows that her opinion weighs heavier than Atchi and Dad. But she smiled at me lang.

The whole dinner isn't actually about my birthday. It's about what I told Ate last night. I don't think she's supportive about this.

We ate supposed to go home after the dinner but Atchi insisted that we should watch a movie. So we did. Pregnant's wish is too powerful.

Mom's beside me and I know that she's also thinking what's the best thing to say to me. So I initiated the conversation.

"Too much thoughts?"

She smiled genuinely.

"You wanna know what I think?" She asked.

"Uhm yeah."

"What happened last night?" She changed the topic at kumunot ang noo ko.

"Last night?" I want to confirm. She just nodded.

"Wala naman. Eli woke up and we ate dinner."

"Akala ko salubong yon. Nakauwi ka na agad ng 12:30am. So you left España around 11pm." Hirap kapag matalino ang Nanay.

"Uhm. Yeah. Eli has to review pa."

She nodded and smirked.

"What?" I asked

"Wala. I just feel like malaking factor yung kagabi sa desisyon mo."

It made me think. Baka nga.

"We can move our flight early. You want to enjoy NYC next week?" She asked and move her brows upside down.

I smiled at my mom. She knows me well. And I nodded.

"Okay! A little change of plans. My baby boy and I, mauuna na kami sa NYC sumunod nalang ang mga susunod. Alis kami next week." She announced so Kuya Ian stopped the movie.

"Unfair." Ate said.

"You can still travel." Mom said. Sometimes I forgot na she's a doctor.

"I don't want to. I'm easily stressed." She finally admitted.

After that conversation. We decided na magkwentuhan nalang. Dad's complaining now na maiiwan siyang magisa for a while. Kuya Ian and Ate Iza offered their house pero ayaw ni Dad.

When Ate Iza said she's sleepy, we decided to go home. Habang pauwi, mom and dad are lowkey fighting.

"Wag kang maginarte. Sumama ka if you want." Mom rolled her eyes.

"Dami trabaho sa The Grid." Dad finally remembers.

"Exactly. Akala mo naman iiwan ka namin ng 1 taon. Isang buwan lang naman. Tapos susunod ka na rin."

"Fine. Wag ka maghahanap ng iba don." Dad jokes.

"Ferdinand Ravena, you're annoying."