6

Today marks my first day of helping dad in the resto. Actually all I did was check the inventories and review some reports before asking Dad for his signature. If I feel there's a problem, I'll ask him then he'll explain.

He even made one corner of his office my office. Which I really appreciate.

"Dad, I don't understand why do you have to check the inventories even sa ibang branches. Like how would you confirm if tama yung data na pinapasa nila?" I asked while reading Tagaytay's report.

"You just have to trust the one you assigned to managed, Troye."

I just continued my work. To be honest, I don't really find it stressful like what would dad describe. He said it's a lot easier if he just cooks.

When lunch time came, I stood up.

"Aren't we gonna go down?" I asked Dad and went to his table. I saw him doing something on the excel.

"You can call Kristine and they'll deliver the food. But if you want to go down, you can."

"We should go down." My Dad turned to me.

"You need to talk to people and to walk a little." I suggested. He nodded and get his wallet.

We used the elev and went down. Bago pa man kami makapasok, he spoke. "I realized you just wanna see Annie." My dad smirked.

I rolled my eyes. Dad's always like this. Sometimes I feel like he just want me to marry someone and get out of my house so him and mom can get all the flirting they want.

We both sat on a table. Annie of course of all people gave us the menu.

"You ate your lunch, Annie?" My dad asked. I eyed him.

"Yes, tito!" She cheerfully said. She looks so tired tho.

"If you feel like they are tiring you, just tell me." My dad said as if he read what my mind just thought.

Annie just nodded.

"Just gravy with beef for me." I said changing the topic.

"Make it two, Annie." My dad said and Annie left.

"You should stop asking her to eat with us. She rejected you more than twice na."

"You don't stop when you get rejected, my son!" He smirked.

"Why do you say stuff like this like you are a god of flirting, mom said she's the only one you've ever loved. She even said you chased her NY to Manila then back to NY then manila."

"Fine. I'm just saying. If you really want her, then go for her. "

Umiling nalang ako at ininom ang Iced tea nakaka serve lang ng isa pang SHS student na nagimmersion with Annie.

After a few minutes, our beef came. We prayed and ate.

Dad's still talking about how I should learn to flirt now I'm off to college and all. But I didn't listen. Kuya Ian told me it'll come naturally.

"How about Eleanor? You sure you don't like her?" That's when I listened. Sumimangot ako.

"Stop matchmaking me, Dad."

He just chuckled at me like I'm hopeless.

After eating, I received a message from Eli. Asking me if I can pick her up. My best friend thinks España is just near but it is not because traffic there sucks.

From: Eleanor
Please pick me up. Hehe Can you? After work? I will wait in the dorm kahit what time.

To: Elanor
Fine. Buy me the famous Banana-Rhum-a.