14.

Y/N's P.O.V.

"John." Mrs. Hudson spoke as the man walked into 221B. He didn't respond.
"Mary." The blonde woman looked at us, but didn't respond.
"Oh, Sherlock. Good gracious, you look terrible."

"Get me some morphine from your kitchen, I've run out." Sherlock spoke, barely standing up right. I sighed in annoyance, I knew he was going to overwork himself.
When I helped him set up his trap for Mary, he told me to meet him back here and I told him not to overdo it, but clearly only one of us listened.
I moved over to him and wrapped an arm around his waist, steadying him as he leaned on me.
"Thank you, Y/N."

"I don't have any morphine!" Mrs. Hudson exclaimed.

"Then what exactly is the point of you?" Sherlock yelled at her.

"What is going on?" She asked, confused.

"Bloody good question." John muttered.
"I should have known you were in on this. You probably helped him escape the hospital too, didn't you?"

"Of course I did." I pulled a face.
"Who else is crazy enough to?"

"The Watsons are about to have a domestic and fairly quickly, I hope, because we've got work to do." Sherlock explained.

"No. I have a better question." John looked at Mary.
"Is everyone I have ever met a psychopath?"

"Yes." Sherlock replied and Mary nodded.

"Yeah, pretty much." I agreed.

"Good. Now that we've settled that-"

"Shut up!" John snapped, glaring at Sherlock.
"And stay shut up. Because this is not funny. Not this time."

"I didn't say it was funny." Sherlock mumbled.

"You..." John turned back to Mary.
"What have I ever done? Hmm? My whole life, to deserve you?"

"Everything." Sherlock replied.

"Sherlock, I told you, shut up." John warned, coming back over to us.

"No he's right." I shook my head.
"Everything you've ever done is what you did."

"Y/N... don't." John turned his glare to me.

"You were a doctor, who went to war. You're a man who couldn't stay in the suburbs for more than a month without storming a crack den and beating up a junkie." Sherlock explained and I looked at John carefully.
"Your best friend is a sociopath who solves crimes as an alternative to getting high and his girlfriend is the ex girlfriend of the most dangerous criminal mastermind the world has ever seen."

"Girlfriend?" Mrs. Hudson whispered, seeming surprised.

"That's us, by the way. Hello!" Sherlock smiled almost nervously.
"Even the landlady used to run a drug cartel."

"It was my husband's cartel. I was just typing." Mrs. Hudson crossed her arms over her chest.

"And exotic dancing." Sherlock smiled at her.

"Sherlock Holmes, if you have been YouTubing-"

"John, you are addicted to a certain lifestyle!" Sherlock interrupted.
"You're abnormally attracted to dangerous situations and people, so is it truly such a surprise that the woman you fell in love with conforms to that pattern?"

"But she wasn't supposed to be like that." John pointed at Mary, who looked at the ground sadly.
"Why is she like that?"

"Because you chose her." Sherlock sighed.