20.

^^Cute picture for a cute chapter

Y/N's P.O.V.

"As ever, Watson, you see but do not observe." Sherlock sighed.
"To you, the world remains an impenetrable mystery, whereas to me it is an open book. Hard logic versus romantic whimsy. That is your choice. You fail to connect actions to their consequences. Now, for the last time, if you want to keep the rattle, do not throw the rattle." I smiled in amusement as baby Rosie took the toy from Sherlock, before throwing it back in his face.

"Come on, you two." I tutted, picking up Rosie, who just giggled as Sherlock glared at her.
"Sherlock, get your coat on, we're going for a walk and grab Redbeard's lead, he can come too."

"I don't want to." Sherlock replied childishly, before I glared at him, nodding my head towards the sleeping married couple on the couch. 

"Fine." He muttered and I reached up, kissing his cheek.

"I'll see you downstairs, I'm going to let Mrs. Hudson know we're going out." He nodded his head and I left the flat, but not before grabbing my own coat, placing Rosie in her stroller that had been left at the bottom of the stairs.

"Everything okay, dear?" Mrs. Hudson asked when I knocked.

"Sherlock and I are taking Rosie and Redbeard out for a bit. John and Mary are fast asleep upstairs." Rosie made a gurgling sound and I looked down at her, tucking her into her blanket slightly.
"I thought I'd let you know, in case they wake up before we get back."

"Of course, dear." Mrs. Hudson grinned down at the baby and I heard Sherlock coming down the stairs.
"Ever thought about having one or two of your own? Little ones, I mean?"

"God, no." I laughed a little.
"I'm not the mothering type. I'd be... useless at raising a kid."

"I think you'd surprise yourself." She looked at me with a kind smile, before a hand touched my lower back.

"Ready to go?" Sherlock asked and I nodded my head, before turning towards the door. Redbeard barked excitedly, jumping up against the stroller and I stroked his head, before we left the building.
"Where are we going, exactly?"

"You'll see." I smiled at him and he groaned.
"Come on, Sherlock. Don't you trust me? This is the first day off of crime solving you've let yourself have in ages. I'm not letting you waste it in the flat, I'm taking you to enjoy it." Redbeard barked again, as if he was agreeing with me and Sherlock sighed.

"Of course I trust you, love, but you know how I feel about not knowing." I rolled my eyes, despite the nickname that made my heart swell. I leaned into Sherlock slightly as we walked and his arm wrapped around my waist.
We made it to the ice cream parlour and Sherlock pulled a face.
"Ice cream?" He questioned and I shrugged.

"It's surprisingly not freezing in London for once, I thought it would be a nice change." He nodded his head slowly, before offering me Redbeard's lead.

"Why don't you go and find us somewhere to sit?" I nodded, taking the lead from him and going over to one of the outside tables. I sat down, Mrs. Hudson's words echoing in my mind.
I think you'd surprise yourself.
"Y/N? Love, are you alright?" My head snapped up, my eyes meeting Sherlock's.

"Sorry." I gave him a small smile.
"Lost in thought." I sighed, taking the ice cream cone from him. It was F/F, which made me smile a little brighter. Sherlock had, what I presumed to be, vanilla.

"About what Mrs. Hudson said to you?" He asked, taking a seat at the table, Redbeard already laying at his feet.

"Eavesdropping, were we, Mr. Holmes?" I asked teasingly and he gave me a serious look.
"Yeah, it's stupid really."

"Why'd you think you'd be a bad mother? You're great with Rosie." Sherlock pointed out and I sighed.

"But Rosie isn't my baby, she's Mary's." I reminded him, shaking my head.
"I don't know, I never had a good mother figure in my life. My mum was a, well, she was a wreck. I'd probably... break the kid if I had one. I'd be an awful parent. Can we change the subject, please?"

"No, why does this make you so uncomfortable?" Sherlock looked at me and I hesitated.

"When we were together, Jim wanted kids. He was really, really, pushy about it." I looked down at Rosie, who was holding onto her blanket tightly.
"He'd go on about it for days and it nearly drove me insane. He'd talk about names and birthday parties and the whole thing just made me really uncomfortable about it. I was an assassin, Sherlock. It was my job to take lives, not create them." He nodded his head in understanding.

"I'm sorry." I ate some of my ice cream.
"He didn't ever try-"

"God, no." I interrupted, knowing where he was going with that.
"Jim did a lot of evil and questionable things, but he never forced himself on me. If he had, I would have killed him a lot sooner." Sherlock nodded his head, before we sat in silence for a short while, before Rosie began to fuss. I handed Sherlock my ice cream, before picking her up out of the stroller, sitting her on my lap.
"Hey, Rosie. What's wrong?" I asked softly, bouncing her up and down slightly and almost immediately, she calmed down.

"What was that you were just saying?" Sherlock asked.
"Something about making an awful parent?"

"Oh, shut up." I mumbled, seeing him eating my ice cream and feeding his own to Redbeard. Sherlock gave me a grin and I shook my head.
"You're something else, Sherlock Holmes."