23.

Y/N's P.O.V.

It took two more Thatcher busts being destroyed and a murder for us to figure out where the criminal was going to be. Sherlock was convinced this was Moriarty and nothing I said could convince him otherwise.
Which is exactly why we were hiding in Jack Sandeford's house in Reading, where the final bust was. We waited for hours until something happened and when it did, Sherlock wasted no time turning on the lights and surprising the vandal.

"Wouldn't it be much simpler to take out your grievances at the polling station?" He asked as the man pulled a gun on him. Sherlock smacked the gun out of his hands, only to get hit with the duffel bag containing the bust and getting punched in the face. Sherlock wanted his chance to catch the criminal, but judging by the way he moved, he was more than experienced when it came to fighting.

"Move, for Christ's sake." I muttered, knocking Sherlock back and taking on the criminal myself. I landed several hits against his masked face, but he recovered fast, hitting me as hard as I hit him. He knocked me back and Sherlock thought it would be smart to join in on the fight. It wasn't. The criminal head butted him, before grabbing his hair and slamming his head down on the counter several times, before I composed myself enough to get him to back off. I pulled the mask from his face and his hood came down. The criminal breathed heavily and Sherlock grabbed my arm.

"You were on the run. Nowhere to hide your precious cargo." He tried to attack us, but I stopped him, shoving him back.
"You find yourself in a workshop, plaster busts of the Iron Lady drying. It's clever. But now you've met us and you're not so clever are you?"

"Is this really the time?" I asked, lightly touching my face where the man had hit me.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"My name is Sherlock Holmes." I rolled my eyes.

"Goodbye, Sherlock Holmes." The man muttered, before he charged at us and Sherlock pushed me out of the way. The glass smashing was deafening, before there was a loud splash and my mind registered that they were in the pool, but I struggled to pull myself up. I could hear them both struggling and by the time I had pulled myself up, Sherlock was out of the pool and the man was chasing him. Sherlock dropped down to the duffel holding the bust and as the man tried to stop him, I punched him, hard. Hard enough to knock him down.

"You're out of time. Tell me about your boss, Moriarty!" Sherlock demanded.

"Who?" The man breathed, looking up at us with a glare.

"I know it's him, it must be him!" Sherlock looked at me and I shook my head, no.

"You think you understand? You understand nothing." The man glared at us.

"Well, before the police come in and spoil things, why don't we just enjoy the moment?" Sherlock asked, holding up the bust slightly.
"Let me present Interpol's number one case. Too tough for them, too boring for me."he threw the bust down and I winced as it smashed.
"The Black Pearl of the Borgias."

"No." I muttered.
"That- It's not possible." I bent down and picked up the USB stick.

A•G•R•A

"How could she...?" Sherlock looked at me, taking the memory stick from my hand.
"I don't understand. She destroyed it. Y/N, she said she destroyed it?"

"She?" The criminal asked, his gun now in his hand. I pulled Sherlock back as he cocked the gun.
"You know her. You do, don't you? You know the bitch."

"Easy." I warned, looking at him carefully.

"She betrayed me. Betrayed us all."

"Mary." Sherlock mumbled.
"This is about Mary?"

"Is that what she's calling herself now?" He asked as sirens closed in around us. I heard Lestrade call out through the speakers and the man was beyond nervous. His trigger finger was getting twitchy.
"Give it to me. Give it to me!" Sherlock pulled me back more.
"Nobody shoots at me. If anyone shoots, I kill this man and woman!" He shouted out to the police.
"I'm leaving this place. If no one follows me, no one dies. You're policemen. I'm a professional. Tell her she's a dead woman walking."

"She's my friend and she's under my protection." Sherlock said lowly.
"Who are you?"

"I'm the man who's going to kill your friend." He muttered, gun still raised.

"You're not the only professional here." I glared at him.
"Y/N Moran, look up the name. Come near Mary and I promise I will kill you." He narrowed his eyes at us, before shooting the lights on the wall and setting off an alarm.

"Y/N?" Sherlock muttered.

"I'm fine." I leaned my head against him.
"It's Mary we should be worried about."