Chapter 1: The Very Beginning

Maddie's POV

I was walking along the Santa Monica Pier going to my mom's car. I had been at the pier all day with my friends Brianna and Leo. We had a great time. We saw some cute boys, ate some good food, and rode the ferris wheel. I was really tired after the long day. As soon as I got in my mom's car we were headed home to Los Angeles. We had a long drive so I decided to get some sleep. I plugged my phone into the car charger, put my headphones in, put the seat all the way back and fell asleep listening to my music.

*Hours later*

Mom woke me up by saying "Madison, honey, we're at Taco Bell." I woke up immediately for two reasons. One, I was starving. And two, Taco Bell is my favorite restaurant. I took out my headphones and took my phone off the charger. Mom and I got out of the car and went up to the counter. We ordered our food and went to sit down. As we were eating I noticed a boy staring at me. I felt uncomfortable with him watching me. I knew we weren't far from our house so I said "Mom, I'm tired of sitting in a car. Is it okay if I walk the rest of the way home? " She said "Okay honey, but please go straight home. I have some things to do with Anya." I nodded and walked out of Taco Bell. But the boy followed me out. I saw him following me, so I stopped and let him catch up. As soon as he did I asked "Who the fuck are you and why are you following me?" He said "The name's Jc, and you're about to have the the time of your life."