Chapter eight

--Sam's POV--
It's all my fault. All my fucking fault. I don't deserve her. Why did that fucking rogue do this?! God I hate myself. I can't help her. The helpless alpha. Im so pathetic.

Tasha walks up to me and my face turns pale. Please let her be alive.

"Is she okay? Is she alive? She's not dead is she?" I asked, my voice trembling. Wow. No wonder my mom said losing your mate can kill you.

"I lost her for a moment but she's stable now. She's gonna wake up in a couple of minutes. I'll give you two some privacy." Tasha said.

"Thank you" I replied.

I walked into the room. She's beautiful. Her red hair, her freckles she's too good for me. I held her hand as I whispered

"Please don't leave me. I won't be able to live with myself. I love you more than anything in the world. Don't leave me now. I promise after this you won't get hurt again. This is my fault. Forgive me please. I love you baby."

Tears were running down my face. Now I start questioning if I should really be alpha. She stirred slightly in her sleep and I jumped up. 

"Cassie?" I asked, hope evident in my voice. She opened her eyes. Those beautiful grey eyes.

"You love me?" she asked.

My eyes widened. Holy shit she heard me.

"Of course I love you. I loved you from the day I saw you. You're the most beautiful person I've ever seen." I told her.

"No I'm not." She said, looking down.

"Yes you are." I say 

"Can I kiss you?" I asked her, as my face leaned in.

"You can kiss me whenever you want" she said.

With that I crashed my lips against hers moving perfectly in sync. Our tongues battled intensely but when I felt her hand against my manhood I groaned and she won.

My wolf purred in delight. We pulled away, panting for breath, our foreheads touching.

"You have no ideas how long I waited to do that. Even if it's been like 2 days." I said.

She giggled.

"Sam I met the moon goddess" She told me.

"Really?" I ask, shocked. Its rare for a wolf to talk to the moon goddess. Damn. My mate is one lucky person.

"Yeah she said I had a choice, to leave or to stay and I chose to stay."

She never got to continue before her father became barging into the room.

"Don't lay a finger on her" I growled and stood in a protective stance in front of her.

He chuckled.

"I'm gonna do much more than that when I kidnapped her soon" he said with a smirk and left.

I turned around and saw my little mate against a corner in the room, starting to hyperventilate.

"Calm down baby he's not gonna lay a finger on you. I will have tight security around you. As I told you, I will never forgive myself until you forgive me if someone hurts you. I'm still guilty for what happened today." I said.

She looked at me. I swear there were tears in her eyes and my heart broke. No. Please don't cry.

"Sam I told you. That was not your fault. Please don't get mad at yourself for that. I-wait, what? Why hasn't my wolf been talking to me?" She asked, confused. Don't panic. Oh shit Sam do something!

"She was affected by the blow. Call her." I said, sighing as a bit of guilty seeped into my heart when I remembered.

She looked like she was in a trance and her eyes glazed over so I knew she was talking to her wolf.

"Let Anika control you. I want to talk to her." I ordered Cassie.

"Okay" she replied.

Her eyes turned purple and I knew it was Anika.

"Anika thank you so much for fighting for Cassie. How can I repay you?" I asked.

"Well she is basically my other half. I can't put her in any danger. But now that you say so, there is one thing you can do for both me and Cassie."

"What?" I ask, curious to see what Cassie wants.

"Mate us. I know Cassie wants to mate with you as much as I do."

I tried listening to their mind link.

'Anika! You know I can't do that right now. That may be you, horny she wolf but that is not me. I'm not a fucking little horny ass bitch' Cassie was screaming.

'Well dumbass I am a bitch, idiot. Female dog. I swear to god, humans are so stupid nowadays.'

'I'm a fucking werewolf retard.'

Anika chuckled.

"Anyways, I'll let you both have some time together." Anika said and as she winked, her eyes turned gray again.

When they were fully gray Cassie was blushing furiously, but she was looking at the floor. I tilted her chin up.

"I want to mate you. But it's okay if you don't." I told her.

"Really?" She asked, but the sadness was evident in her voice.

"Yes but why are you upset?" I asked.

A tear fell down her face. Did I do that? Of course I did I'm the only one talking to her, dumbass.

"I'm sorry I can't give you what you want and need. I'm such a bad mate." She says, hiccuping. Oh no. Shes crying.

Jax growled at me.

'You made our mate upset. Make her happy again!' Jax yelled. I started cursing at myself. Shit. You fucking retard.

"That's normal, Cassie. Female wolves want to wait before they mate. Male wolves want to mate as soon as they meet. It's normal. Don't worry." I say reassuringly.

She looks up and wipes away her tears. Oh thank god.

I kiss her lightly. Then, I lay her on her cot and she falls asleep. Seconds later, so do I, my head on her stomach. Thankful to have my mate with me once more.