Chapter 22

Chloe👆
Cassie's POV
I wake up to the familiar beeping of my machine. In the other room, I hear frantic screams in the other room and I know it's my daughter. I rip the IV out of my arm and change out of the hospital gown. I walk outside and see Sam facing my father who has his arms around Alex's neck. My eyes widen.

"Let me have you're daughter and I will let dear Alex go. If not, I kill him." Marcus says.

"Sam, if I dont make it out alive, tell Marianna and Cassie that I love them both. And bro, dont forget me." Alex says.

I remember a knife that was in the back pocket of the jeans I had on. I took the knife and crept up behind Marcus. I looked at Sam and put a finger to my lips. I lunge at Marcus and bury the knife into his heart. But I wasn't fast enough. He had twisted Alex's neck before I did that. I screamed.

"Noooooo! Alex!" I rushed over to Alex. He was pale and a tear was rolling down his face. His eyes were open and I closed them. Just then, a woman rushed out of the hospital. Tasha.

"Cassie, you're daughter is alive and... oh my god" Tasha says. She runs over to me and Alex and takes his pulse.

"Cassie, Sam I am so sorry. He's an angel now." Tasha says. She excuses herself and goes inside the hospital. Sam walks over to me and I sob into his chest. I wail loudly.

"Cassie. I'm so sorry this happened. This is all my fault. I shouldn't have let you out of my sight. I am so sorry." Sam says. I look at him, tears still rolling down my face.

"Don't blame yourself." I say and I kiss him. Our lips move in sync and that kiss was the one I was looking for all those days in my prison. That kiss was the one that I longed for 6 months. That was the one that I didn't want with Calvin, I wanted with Sam. Speaking of Calvin....

"Sam." I say and pull away breathlessly. He looks into my eyes. He looks concerned.

"You felt it didn't you." I say. he growled. Then I smelled him. No. Get me away from him.

"Oh my. Belly gone? Can we get back to our routine? I put you in pleasure and in return you moan for me. How does that sound?" Calvin smirks. He is only in his boxers. Again.

I sink into Sam's chest. But I don't stay there for long. I tackle him to the ground and start punching him. He flips me over and pins my arms above my head. The he kissed me. A loud growl pierces the air which makes Calvin kiss me harder. I try wiggling out of Calvin's grip and literally kicking his ass but nothing worked. The he was torn from me and I heard a crack. Calvin stopped breathing. I sob and fall to the ground.

"Sam I'm so sorry." I cry. Sam rushes over to me. He looks really concerned.

"Shh, shh, Cassie it's okay. Yes I did feel it. But it isn't your fault. It's their fault" Sam says motioning to Calvin and my father. I grab Sam's shirt and I sob into it. Tasha comes out of the hospital with a baby in her hand.

"Cassie. Sam. This is you're baby. What do you want to name her?" Tasha asks. I whisper Chloe into Sam's ear. Sam nods.

"Chloe" Sam says. Tasha nods and hands Sam our baby.

"Sam. I met the moon goddess. She gave me a choice. Me or my baby. She said she couldn't save both of us. I chose myself. But she gave life to my baby when Alex died. " I say. Sam looks at me. My stomach growls. Then Sam takes in my appearance. I literally looked like a stick. My skin was pale. I could barely move. Sam growls. He grabs me and throws me over his shoulder.

"Sam you can't carry both me and the baby." I say. He smirks.

"Wanna bet?" He asks. He lays a hand on my ass and I squirm around. It reminds me of Calvin. He notices and growls. I throw myself on the floor, hand first and do a round off. He turns and looks at me. I whimper. He whines. I go over to him and hugs him.

"I'm sorry. I just have really bad memories. From the past 6 months." I say. He growls loudly. I grab Chloe and rock her in my arms. She had started to cry.

"Shh, shh, it's okay. Daddy's just a little mad. He likes protecting you and mommy. It's okay. Shh, shh." I cooed. Sam heard me talking to the baby and calmed down. He smiles and embraces me in a hug, squishing Chloe.

"SAM! YOU'RE SQUISHING HER!" I yell. He smirks and pulls away. The baby seemed perfectly fine. Just then, a car arrived. Elaine walked out.

"Oh my god! I'm a grandmother!! She's so cute!" Elaine said, snatching the baby from my arms. I look around and my eyes settle on Alex. I walk over to him slowly. How am I gonna tell Marianna? I sob quietly as I run my hand through Alex's hair.

"Alex I'm so sorry. This is all my fault. I love you. We have both made many mistakes but I'm sorry. I love you. You're the best brother a girl could ever have. " I choke out. Marianna walks out of the car that Elaine was in. She looks at Alex and her eyes widen.

"ALEX!" She yells. She runs over to me and Alex. Tears run down her face.

"No, no, no, no, no! Please, Alex, baby wake up. Wake up please. I need you. Please don't leave me." Marianna says, kissing Alex. I put my arm on Marianna. She looks at me. We hug each other, sobbing.

"Mari, I'm so sorry. He wouldn't have died if I didn't get kidnapped. I'm..." She cuts me off.

"Don't you dare blame yourself for this. This was not your fault. Yes we are both upset that he died, but this isn't the time to blame anyone." I start to shake. Crap. Shift. I let out an ear piercing scream and Mari pulls away with wide eyes.

"Get away! She's shifting." Sam yells. Mari scrambles away from me. I hear footsteps come closer and someone takes off my shirt. I let out another scream.

"Ow, ow, ow!" I sob. The pain is really intense. I hear and feel all my bones crack. Then I'm on all fours. Everyone had wide eyes. Crap. I forgot the disguise.

"A white wolf?!" Marianna and Elaine say at the same time. Sam looks worried. I feel everything spinning and I collapse. Sam runs over to me. I shift back. Elaine and Marianna gasp at me. There are scars all over me. Sam growls and shifts. Then he starts licking all my scars. I wince as he comes to the scar on my ankle of the fucking silver dagger. He licks it and my ankle screams in pain. I whimper. He lets out a whine. Then I feel pain in my head and darkness consumes me.