Chapter one

Cassie👆
Cassie's POV
Birthdays. The worst think fucking invented. You know what's worse? Me.

Why was I even born? When I was 11 my mother left me and my dad. It was devastating.

My dad made me his personal servant ever since. I cook, clean, do everything for him and he still abuses me.

I wake up at 5:30 in the morning every day but today I have to wake up at 5. Hopefully, I leave the house before he beats me.

On my birthday his present to me is a beating before school. Oh what a wonderful present right? I hate my life.

Today I'm not going to school on time. I have my first shift today and I'm eager to see and meet my wolf. Yeah, I'm a werewolf if you didn't know.

I get ready, putting on a black t-shirt, skinny jeans and black converse and I go downstairs to make breakfast. I make pancakes with chocolate chips and take out a beer from the fridge.

I set the food on the dining table just as soon as my dad comes downstairs. I freeze in my place as he walk toward me. Fear fills my veins and the room gets colder.

"Isn't it your birthday today?" he asks me.

I could easily lie but my mouth doesn't agree. Damn it I'm a fucking idiot. I may be weak and skinny and afraid, but I have a fucking big mouth and I can curse you out, I just probably get scared.

"Yes sir" I say.

"Okay" he say as he sits down and begins to eat. I sigh relived and start going upstairs.

"Hold on missy you aren't going anywhere yet. I haven't given you your birthday present" he say.

I gulp and turn around. He just finished eating. Shit. I'm in trouble.

I felt my mouth go dry as he walked towards me unbuckling his belt. I'm dead. I'm dead. Oh my god please save me.

"Take off that hideous shirt and face your back towards me" he says.

I obey. I grit my teeth as the stinging belt comes down and hits me. when he's done he makes me out my shirt back on.

He slaps me across the face hard, his nails scratching my left cheek and breaking my lip. Oww.

"Now clean the dishes and do whatever shit you were going to do. This is what you get for looking like your mother. You stupid piece of shit." he says.

Cursing under my breath, I do the dishes quickly and run to the forest. I take off my clothes, knowing they might break because of the shift and wait. Supposedly it will be painful but I don't feel anything yet.

As soon as I thought that my entire body began to snap. It hurt like hell. My skin was on fire.

"Fuck!" I screamed. Finally I closed my eyes and surprisingly a voice in my head said.

'You can open you're eyes now'

I opened my eyes and I was in four paws. My wolf was a brown color. That's awesome. I look at my paws and am in awe by how sensitive they are.

'Beautiful right? My name is Anika and I am your wolf '

'Hey Anika' I said.

'How do I shift back to my human form?' I asked her.

'Just imagine yourself as a human' Anika said.

I did what she said and within seconds I was my human self again. I put on my clothes and grabbed my backpack.

Fuck yeah! I'm a werewolf now. Hopefully, I heal faster.

I walked to school feeling happy. My school was Merston high, an all werewolf school. It sort of sucked because I get bullied a lot, but I'm used to it.

I was late for my first class, English. My teacher and the class all stared at me. So uncomfortable. And awkward.

"Why are you late Ms.Woods?" 

"Well it's my 16th birthday and I just shifted so I was late." I reply.

"I hope you find your mate" He says with a smile.

"Thank you" I reply with a smile of my own.

That was weird. He isn't supposed to be nice. But oh well. I barely smile these days knowing that my fathers abuse to me gives me no reason to smile. I'm glad my teacher is one of the people who can make me smile.

Luckily I covered the bruise in foundation before coming here or else my dad would've killed me.

-Time lapse to lunch-

I don't get anything. I never do.

My father only lets me eat an apple or a granola bar every day and he constantly checks my weight so he knows I don't eat in school. I can literally count my ribs. It so gross.

I was about to exit the cafeteria when a mouth watering smell enters my nose.

'Mate' Anika says. He walks out of the lunchroom.

'Follow him' Anika orders. I obey.

I kept following him into a staircase, where I lost him.

"Damn it Cassie why do u have to be so stupid." I say to myself.

Suddenly something pins me against the wall. The smell hits me again.

"Who are you? And why.." he trails off before he smells the air

"Mate" he says his eyes darkening.

Oh no shit Sherlock! Now you notice! But holy crap this guy is like a Greek god.

"What's your name?" He asks. 

"Cassandra woods. but you can call me Cassie." I said my voice shaking.

I hate being nervous. My mind goes blank and I have no idea what to do. So I brace myself for the incoming words. Please don't reject me.

"Well, Cassie, I, Sam steel..." My mate starts.