17

three days had passed since i had been a baby and cried to scott. ever since then, i did my best to avoid bucky. which was pretty difficult considering the fact that he's my partner. the both of us had a mission today, and although tony said that he'd send someone else because i was injured, i refused to the idea.

i sat in the drivers seat alone, my fingers drumming lightly against the steering wheel to the beat of the music which i had playing in the background. bucky wasn't late, i was just ten minutes early. footsteps were heard and the metal machine appeared, i kept my eyes straight ahead and didn't look at him once, not even slightly. as soon as he had closed the car door, i began driving.
"haven't seen you around much" bucky suddenly said. i audibly sighed and ignored him, continuing to keep my eyes glued to the road. he didn't say a word after that, thank god.

"what exactly do we have to get from in there?" he asked as we stood outside a tall building what seemed to be abandoned. i said nothing and walked around, checking all the doors and windows to find an opening. there were none. the doors were bolted shut so tightly that both of us couldn't even open it. the same with the windows.
"now what?" he sighed, scratching the brown mop on his head. i rolled my eyes and looked around, there was a ladder on the side of the building which led to a slightly cracked open window. hell the ladder looked old, it looked as if one step was taken on it, it would break.

bucky looked over to see what i was staring at and nodded slowly,
"i'll go" he said, beginning to walk towards the dumpster which lay underneath the ladder.
"no". i said sternly. that one word stopped him, the only word i had said to him during these past few days.
"-you don't know what we're looking for, so you stay down here and i'll go" i ordered, wiping the hair off my face.
"but-" bucky began saying. i held a finger up and jumped on top of the dumpster.
"i said i'm going" i hissed, before jumping up and grabbing ahold of the metal bars.

after a short and shaky climb, i had reached the window. it was still slightly sealed, but a good kick gave me an entry point. i walked around the building a bit, making sure that there was no one around. thank god there wasn't. i slid into the room i was looking for, the office. there were lots of files for me to search through, which was definitely a pain in the ass. when i was nearly three quarters of the way through the pile. gunfire erupted outside, my head snapped up at the sudden sound and my movements quickened.
"shit" i murmured, after shoving the rest of the files into the bag which was strung onto my back and began running back to the window.

just as i was about to reach the room with the opened window. a strong pair of arms wrapped around my stomach and lifted me up. after swearing like crazy, i was put down and met with an unfamiliar face.