Ch 14: The End of First Game

Is he under delusion?

How could his late father suddenly appear before him? There is a long road separating both of them and all Xiaojun has to do is to cross the road and finally meet his father who thankfully looked very much healthy.

Is he in a dream? 

If yes, then it's a very rare dream indeed. Xiaojun is used to nightmares but not this.

More so, why does his father keep pleading him to follow him? Wasn't he supposed to be in the Games? If he doesn't (judging from the changing surroundings), then does he get to ditch the Games and follow his father?

Despite looking healthy, His father did look haggard as if he had been travelling far. His eyes glistening with fresh tears, his arms slowly opening, welcoming Xiaojun to his arms.

Xiaojun was in a bind, should he or should he not go to his father?

This is Professor Xiao Liang, his father that he had not seen for 15 years. 

The man that he will always look up to for as long as he lives. The man that willingly listens to him babbles about how he is going to be as smart as his father when he is a kid and despite all the terrible allegations that people, especially the NeoZone Kingdom, had against his father, rebel leader or whatever, Xiaojun's fond memory of his father was enough to keep himself away from believing such sham.

It was hard going through it alone as his father was the only family he had but he got through it and that's what that matters.

Now that he had his father right in front of him with such a wide smile on his face, what's stopping him? 

Weirdly, his heart felt heavy but this is not the time for him to chicken out.

Taking a deep breath while maintaining a steady eye contact with his father whose eyes  sparkling in delight, Xiaojun stealthily took a step forward towards his father.

Then, he took another step. Outwardly, he looked calm but internally, his heart was beating wildly at the prospect of finally getting to hug his father who was taken far too early from him.

Is this the happy ending that he had been anticipating and praying for every night?

Xiaojun blinked back tears but as soon as he did, his vision suddenly turned black.

He couldn't see his father's smiling face and the sound of his father pleading him to follow slowly becoming distant. Xiaojun also felt pressure behind his head.

It's obvious that someone is putting a piece of black cloth over his eyes and Xiaojun who wasn't exactly a patient person despite being a doctor, he tried to tug the cloth harshly but it didn't work as the person behind him wouldn't budge.

Instead, he was dragged away and away from the previous place where he stood. Xiaojun struggled but the loud screams that he heard right after halted his actions.