Chapyer 42

"Lavy!!!!" Jack cheers as Gabby pulls up outside the hotel and lets the girl out of her booster seat.

She waddles over and clings to her father. I stay behind Jack a little ways. I haven't seen Gabby since the day I explained everything to her. Even though she defended me when everyone else did, it doesn't change anything.

"Hey!" She waves at me. "How are you?"

I blink before answering that I'm okay a bit awkwardly.

Seeing Lavender in person cling to her dad's shorts, standing so well, makes my heart thump. My gosh, she's soo adorable and big.

Gabby leaves and I take the bag from Jack so he can give Lavy all of his attention right away. We get to the room  and Jack jumps on the bed and Lavender wants to do the same thing. He brings her up and she lets herself fall face-first on the matress.

"Lavender, do you remember Addy?" Jack asks pointing at me.

She looks up with those big brown eyes as if she only realized I was here now.

"Mmmmm...." she thinks. "Pretty."

"She is pretty, huh?" Jack pulls her over and hugs her.

My cheeks go red and I sit down on the desk chair while Jack plays out the little girl.

"Daddy?"

"Yes Lavy?" Jack says as she yawns after a while.

"I tired."

"You wanna nap, baby?" He asks soo sweetly. "Here. Daddy'll lay with you under the blankets for a while."

And he does. Seeing him cuddling his daughter as she nods off makes my heart melt and he reaches a hand out to me. "Addy, come here please. I wanna just cuddle with both my girls."

I head over and lay up in bed with him and the girl. She's out cold while I rest my hand on Jack's chest.

"Jack, you helped make a beautiful little girl." I peer over him and to the girl with pig-tails in her hair.

"I know." He grins and that smile is soo genuine. "She's perfect. Maybe... maybe one day we could make another one."

I look up at him with sparkling eyes and smile back. "Maybe one day. But having one kid is a lot for you already right now. Plus, I don't think I'm ready for that for the time being."

"That's alright, sweetheart. When you're ready, we'll talk." He smiles.

"I wonder what we'd have, though. Would we give Lavy a little brother or a little sister?"

He chuckles and kisses my forehead. "Addy, I love you soo much."