Chapter 29

The fans have found them by the next day and it's spread all over social media. Jack Avery is dating a murderer. He's seeing a girl who murdered her last boyfriend in their apartment. I'm dangerous. I could hurt Jack. I could hurt Lavender. They're tagging us and trying to confirm the "rumor" that most of them seem to already believe. I'm getting hundreds of D.M.s on my instagram and I just try to block them all.

The boys are almost ready to come out of their hiatus. Jack's not sure how to go about this. All of the boys try to keep their relationships private. This is a huge breach of privacy. Jack's afraid to confirm or deny anything, so he's waiting for his manager to give him advice.

Jack takes my phone, with my consent, and takes me out tonight. Cortez comes along. Plans didn't fall through yesterday and we ended up just staying home. So we're going now.

We don't go anywhere in particular. Only for a drive all over the city. We go through the drive-thru at starbucks and get ourselves each a drink, then go home after hours of driving.

At home, I pull my phone out to find a screenshot of the original conversation that leaked that Jack and I are together. All I can think is -that bitch.

Bri;

Wait, Addison is dating the actual Jack Avery? Like from WDW?          

JennyBear;
yeah, she's been seeing him for a while now. At least eight months.

Bri;
No way!

JennyBear;
Yup. She's no good for him tho. Not only is she a bitch, but she's actually dangerous.

Bri;
Wym?

That was left on seen as of the time of the screenshot. This Bri girl must've done some digging after that, or maybe another fan. I can't blame them for their curiousity. But I can blame the fucking witch.

I'm stuck, taking a few moments to truelly process that.

I dial my sister's number and Jack looks up at me with his brows furrowed. As it rings, I whisper: "I know who started this."

She answers, not knowing my number and so not knowing it's me. "Hello? Who is this?"

"Jennifer, we're gonna need to have a sit-down." I say stone-cold. I have the phone on speaker. I get anxiety if I don't.

"Oh. It's you." Her voice lowers. "You know what? I don't want to talk to you."

"No, but aparently you like to talk about me." I snap before she hangs up on me. "Like seriously, how dare you."

"You get what you get," she replies, "you know damned well that I'll tell anyone the truth if they ask."

I rub at my temple. "Holy fuck, Jen. What I did and what I do has nothing to do with you! I told you I don't want you to talk about me to anybody! It's none of their buisness."

"It has everything to do with me. I'm your sister. Which means I'm stuck dealing with your mess. Do you know what it was like for me when you went to prision? Everyone was asking me about it and I was a killer's sister."

She didn't swear the oath of silence. She didn't even come to my trails.

"And I bet you milked every drop of it." I growl into the phone. "I cut you off for a reason, Jennifer."

"Yeah, well I gotta go. Oliver's taking me to Florida. Have fun now that the world knows what you really are."

She hangs up just like that. As if it was that simple. That easy.

She can just turn it off any time she wants. She can just walk away from it. She doesn't have to live with the reprocussion of her words. She's not the one who has to go through all hate.

"Addy?"

I look up to Jack with frustrated tears.

"We're gonna fix this, okay?"

I fling myself into Jack's chest; fighting back my emotions. Cortez is by my side too; laying with his head on my lap in case I want to pet him.

"What if it can't be fixed?" I ask, quivering in his embrace.

He shakes his head softly. "We're gonna fix it. I promise."