Chapter 43

"It's okay if I go?" I ask, entirely surprized when Jack comes to me after a meeting with their manager.

He nods. "Yup. You'll stay with me, and as long as they aren't paying and we don't cause trouble, they don't care."

The boys are going to New York for their first live interview in forever, as well as they're gonna film a couple live-preformances there. The first thing Jack did when he got back was ask if I could go with him.

"As long as Cortez can, then I can." I answer.

He chuckles. "I know, sweetheart. Tezzy's invited too. I know he always goes where you go."

I'm excited to go to New York. Corbyn's feeling a bit of heart ache, since he won't be seeing Chistina this time and that was always the thing he looked forward to the most about going there. They've split, but there's no bad blood at all.

I'm excited to get on the plane. Cortez comes with me in the passenger seating because he's a service dog. He sits on my lap the whole flight. We have the window seat again, while Jack sits to my left, then Jonah in the isle seat. Corbyn, Zach, and Daniel are sitting in the seats ahead of us. Luckily we could get our seats all grouped together.

We grab our stuff and start heading out. What I don't expect is for there to be a gathering of people waiting for the boys' arrival.

My heart lurches in my throat and I pull Jack's sleeve as I slow down.

"Baby?"

My insecurities start to show and I feel my pulse begining to race. What if they recognize me? What if they stare? What if they judge me or act like they do online?

"I'm scared." I whisper, a tremble going through my hands.

He turns to me and swallows me up in a hug. "It's okay, baby girl. I'm right here. I got you, okay?"

I nod a bit, pressing my face firmly into Jack's shoulder. Cortez sits beside me and lets out a whine warning me that if I can't calm down, I will go into an episode.

Jack rubs my back soothingly and when I lean back, I wipe at my face and try to hide that I had tears threatening to escape.

"I can ask security if there's another exit we could us." He fixes my hair for me.

I shake my head. "No. No. It's okay. Those doors are just right there." I rationalize.

"You sure?"

I nod again.

"Okay."

He holds my hand as we walk over to join the boys, who were quickly greeting the fans. I cling to Jack, my grip getting tighter as I realize I'm not as composed as I thought and my mind's racing. I let him say hi to a few until I can't take it. There are eyes on me and I know that at least some of these strangers know who I am.

"Jack, I can't breathe." I whisper from behind him as he says hello to a few girls.

He looks over his shoulder as the smell of alcohol fills my nose.

Cortez pulls on his leash, trying to get me to walk away.

"Hey, Addy, easy," he puts his hand on my cheek. "It's alright. We're almost there."

I'm super light-headed, and though I'm trying to slow my breathing I feel like I'm suffocating.

He completly walks away from the fans with me in tow.

My legs go weak and Jack catches me as my vision blacks out for a moment. We made it right beside the doors and he leans me up against the wall while Cortez licks at my hand. I cue him to come up and he nuzzles on my chest while I pet his bulky head and Jack cooes soft, reasurring words to me with a hand in mine.

I get flashes of the things that haunt me. Both auditory and visual, and grateful is an understatement of what I feel towards the boys. Who keep the fans occupied while Jack's here trying to calm me down.

"Jack? I wanna go now." The tears I tried to hold back stream down my cheeks and I hug onto him tight.

"Okay. Okay, baby. We're going now."

And we do. Jack orders an uber and the other guys join us as we wait.

We settle in the rooms. There are two of them, and we're sharing the room with Daniel tonight, but they are gonna try to rotate it to give each guy a turn to have a bed to themselves.

"Hey, Addy, what's wrong?" Jack asks softly, kneeling in front of me.

I sat myself cross-legged on the foot of the bed we're gonna sleep in (nearest the wall) and haven't moved at all since. Cortez sits on the floor watching me closely.

I burry my head further into the bends of my arms with an extreme guilt blocking up my throat.

"I'm sorry for making a scene." My voice crackles as it pushes through.

"Oh no. Addison." Jack carefully pulls my arms away from my face as tears start to trace down my face again. "You didn't make a scene, baby girl. It's not your fault."

"I sorry, Jack." I barely manage to keep myself from sobbing. "I'm soo sorry. I didn't mean to."

"I know, Addy. I know. You're not in trouble, I promise." He pulls me off the bed to sit on the floor in his arms. "I swear to god, Addy, no one's upset about what happened. Nobody blames you. No one coulda known."

"I should've. I thought I had it. I thought I was okay."

"Addy, look at me, my love." Jack tilts my head up. "You didn't hurt anyone, right?"

I take a shaking breath, turning my head a little.

"You know I'd tell you if I was upset, right?"

I hesitate, but then nod. He would. We always talk. It's something he's improved on over the years and he's excellent at comunicating with me.

"Then don't worry, baby. It's fine. What happened wasn't your fault, and nobody's upset by it."

"You're not embarressed of me?" I whisper in his ear, exaughsted now.

"No." He states increadelously. "No. Why should I be embaressed of having such a strong, beautiful girlfriend?"

I press the side of my head a bit firmer into his shoulder, playing with his hand.

"I'm not strong..."

"Oh, yeah right, Addison. You are strong. You're stronger than most of the poeple I know. You went through everything you did, and you're still alive right? Not many people could do that."

I pull his hand to my face and kiss the back before pressing it to my cheek.

"Let's get you cleaned up and in bed, okay?" He flattens out his palm on my cheek and strokes his thumb over it. "You look tired and it was a big day for you."

I nod and he helps me to my feet. Daniel says nothing, but he had to have heard it all. He offers me a sweet smile as I grab some clothes ro change into and Jack comes to the washroom with me to clean up my face.