THE SCARY TRAIN RIDE

You're on the train with Zoe, both of you cuddled up, trying to fight the cold weather and eating sweets. Zoe's summer had been exciting, filled with trips all over the world and meeting famous wizards, while yours had been relaxing and free, which was a nice change to your past two hectic school years.

Then Zoe tell's you something important.

"I think I have a crush on Cormac McLaggen"
You stare at her with your mouth open. "No you don't."

"Yes I do Blake, Harry introduced us when I was with Hermione."

But before you could talk any further, the train hurtled to a shuddering stop. The lights droned out and an eerie coolness spread across the Hogwarts Express.
Screams echoed up and down the passageway and you poke your head out to see what is going on. Draco comes running down the isle to you and quickly gets into your compartment.

"Just checking." He mutters quietly. You all sit down.
"What's happening?" Zoe asks.
Draco shakes his head. "I don't know. But it's not just a power outage."
You look out the rain splattered window to see a fog surrounding the train. You frown.
"Guys.." Zoe whispers.

You felt it too. A shiver ran up your spine and sorrow clutched your heart. mcgonagall had told you about these things. But you had never seen one before. Not until now.
You hung onto Draco tightly and pressed your body against his side. He lay his arm over you protectively and awaited the creature.

It glided through your compartment, darkness trailing behind it. A Dementor. It's wispy black figure floated out the door, but not before sparking sadness in everyone's hearts, replaying horrible memories from their past.

For you, it was something you didn't even remember, your mom had gone to meet a friend but never returned and the last thing you saw was her face smiling sadly at you as if she knew she may never come back.

And then your mind was clear again. You breathed out and after a few minutes, the lights turned back on the the train started moving again.
You quickly untangled yourself from Draco and tried to look nonchalant.

"Whoa." Zoe said, and we all shivered.
We found out from Hermione that the Dementor's had been after Sirius Black, who had escaped from Azkaban, and they connected him to Harry.
Draco stayed with you and Zoe for the rest of the journey.

                     sorry about this small chapter btw just imagine the girl in the picture is you