The Demons Inside

You didn't see Draco for the majority of the year. You were getting more and more tired, and no matter how hard you tried, you couldn't get any sleep. But it wasn't the lack of rest that was really saddening you.
You were almost depressed without him.
You hadn't realised how much you... loved, Draco until he was gone. You were worried you were never going to see him again.
One evening on the quidditch pitch you were ready to have yet another lonely day.

"I'm sorry y/n." You jumped and spun around, standing up fast.

"Finally decided to show up?" You said hesitantly, trying to be angry but failing. You crossed your arms.

He stepped closer. "y/n." He closed his eyes, and you saw black circles underneath them, similar to yours.
Upon closer inspection, you realised he looked pained. Almost like he was dying slowly on the inside.

"You have no idea how much I've missed you beautiful." He whispered. "You have no idea how much I wanted to tell you. But I couldn't. Too much danger, I couldn't live with myself." It was like he was talking to himself rather than you.

"What are you talking about Draco?" It felt good to speak to him again. Like you knew everything was going to be fine.
But then he told you everything.
And nothing was fine.

Draco had confided in you that he was a Death Eater. That he had to kill Albus Dumbledore at the Astronomy tower in two weeks time.