The confession

You had to admit, going shopping with your friends took your mind off Draco for a couple of hours. You got the perfect dress and shoes. You needed a necklace but there was nothing there so you decided to go without.

Hermione got a pink ruffled dress and some white heels, along with some new earrings. Zoe brought a sky blue dress with some sparkly shoes and a matching gold necklace. After you went to the Three Broomsticks, which became your place ever since last year.

Zoe told you that this morning Cormac McLaggen asked her to the ball.
"Well what did you expect, you've been hassling him since last year." You joke
You all drank some butter bear and talked away the hours until you felt much better.

                                                                       ~ time skip~

you were sitting on the seventh floor balcony an looking out into the starry sky. thoughts about draco and the yule ball were filling your head.

You heard faint footstep coming up the stairs and you turned to see Draco. He smiled sheepishly. He was carrying a black case.

He sat down beside you. "You have no idea how stupid I feel." He says.
You stay silent, and he continues. "I'm sorry for acting so out of line. I was," He takes in a deep breathe. "I was jealous." He admits quietly.

You stare into his icy blue eyes and you soften.
"Jealous?" You question sort of laughing. He nods. "Of what?"

"Of Potter. I thought that, you liked him. Since you were helping him and all." He says and stares at the case in his hands. He turns to face you.

"Blake, I've wanted to ask you this for a long time, and last night I thought I was too late. I thought Potter had stolen your heart or whatever." He says, rolling his eyes.
You smile and shake your head at how wrong he was.

He opens the box. "Will you be my date to the ball?"
Inside is a diamond necklace, one that is so beautiful you can't help but gasp. 

"I thought you could wear it there, or like maybe just at outings. It's a bit much isn't it?" He says nervously.
"It's amazing Draco. I would love to go with you."

He grins and closes the box, handing it to you. You smile and cuddle up to him. Everything was back in order.