Dolores Umbridge

Everything changed that year. Hermione was worried sick about Harry, who was caught up in Cedric's death and Voldemort's return. Your best friends stayed by your side, as well as Draco. You two hadn't talked about your kiss since that day, but you were going out.

When you were sitting at the welcome back feast with Zoe, you saw a stout, sour lady in pink at the end of the table. You joked about her with your friend.

"We would like to introduce Professor Umbridge, as our new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher." Dumbledore explained, gesturing to the lady in pink who looked like a toad. But when he was halfway through, she got up and stood in front of the podium.

"Thank you, Professor Dumbledore for those kind words of greeting." She said in an annoying, high pitched voice. while You laughed in the quiet hall. Umbridge shot you a fiery glare as she continued. 

                                                                                     ~ time skip ~

"What an idiot." Zoe quietly said to you. You nodded in agreement. When you were walking back to your dormitories.

 you were going to speak when you heard a demanding fake cough behind you. You turned around with Zoe beside you. It was Umbridge. 

"Hello girls." She squeaked. You glanced at Zoe. She raised an eyebrow. "May I ask your names?" She continued.

"No." You said, without thinking.
"What she means to say is," Zoe says loudly and fast. "I'm Zoe Kingsley, and this is y/n y/l/n."

Umbridge nodded, and glared at you.
"Well, Miss Kingsley, Miss y/n, I would appreciate it if you would not talk whilst I am. Your actions in the Great Hall did not go undetected." She said slowly. You scoffed, looking down at her.

"And I would appreciate it if you kept-" But Zoe had elbowed you in the ribs sharply, making you stop.
She blinked slowly, and simply said, "I'll see you in class."

"What a bloody mess that was." Zoe said as you two walked away.
"I have a feeling things will get much worse."

                                                                     ~time skip ~

And they did. Umbridge got promoted to High Inquisitor and the school practically belonged to the Ministry of Magic. She made rules, and hung them above the arch so everyone could see.

"Look at this rubbish." Hermione said to you one day.
"What a load of-" But you then saw Umbridge watching you like a hawk. She did that usually these past few days. You wanted to storm up to her and tell her to mind her own business, but Hermione spun you around and you went to class. Which happened to be Defence Against the Dark Arts.

You were late, somehow. You opened the loud doors and Hermione ran to her seat hurriedly. Umbridge had her back turned. You took your time and took a seat next to Zoe in the middle of the class.

"You're late." She said, imperious. 

When you didn't answer she whipped around and walked to your desk. She obviously didn't care or know about Hermione.

"Miss y/l/n, I want us to be friends. I really do, but I will have order in my school!" She exasperated. You scoffed.

"It's not your school." You snapped, without thinking.

Her nostrils flared unattractively. "Miss y/l/n, I will not tolerate this kind of behaviour!"
"Whatever Umbridge." You said cooly. She took a deep breath in.