Chapter 6 part 3

Lana was ecstatic to see her son but was curious why he was here?  " I still can't believe you are here?  Last time I heard from you your business was picking up a little, what makes you pick up and leave?"

Ian looked from Cooper to Laura who discreetly gave the approval to tell his story with a little nod.

 "I was trying to get a hold of you.  When I couldn't find you, I contacted Laura who told me you were in England.  I was curious as to why and she told me that you were there to help a friend with his B & B, this B & B, " He stated, looking around.  Laura asked me not to mention it to you, to let you tell me yourself, but then Cooper showed up at your house. "

Laura spoke up to add, " When you and Cooper came over for supper, I had a quick minute alone with Cooper.   I told him what Ian knows and to play along with "helping a friend with his B & B" if he met Ian."

"That's when I came up with a plan," Cooper added. 

"He called me that night and we had a little chat,"  Ian said.

"Wait wait, you guys are making me dizzy," Lana said, more confused than ever. "One at a time please."

"Let me explain," Cooper said as he poured more wine for everyone. 

Sitting back down with everyone staring at Cooper, he began to explain.

"I didn't tell him everything at the moment, all I told him was what Laura had told him, that you were helping a friend with his B & B in England.  That's when he told me his news, the reason he was trying to reach you.  I will let him tell you that."

"Yes, why were you trying to reach me?  Usually, it's for money but like I said, last I heard your business was picking up."

"Yes, it is, mom."  I wasn't trying to reach you for money, not this time." He said with a grin but with fear. " This time it was with good news, I hope."

"What is this good news?"  Taking a sip of wine with some nervousness about the upcoming news.  Thoughts entered her mind but left just as quickly.

"Well, let me start by telling you that I met a girl a few months ago.  At first, it was just friendship,  and like the others, I thought she wouldn't stick around.  Mom, I am in love with her, we have been together daily since we met."

"You never told me about her," Lana said.

"No, I don't tell you about all my girlfriends I have unless they become serious. Ashly and I were just hanging out, enjoying each other company, she was helping me with my business as to why it is picking up.  She is at home looking after the details and business part of it now, booking jobs for when I get back home." He explained.

Lana knew what he was going to tell her but never let on.  He came all this way to tell her in person and didn't want to ruin it for him.

"Are you both living together right now?" Lana asked.

"Yes and no.  She still has her apartment but spends most of her time at my house." He said trying to come up with the courage. "Mom, she is going to be moving in with me as soon as I get home."

"Is she going to be able to help you pay your rent?  Does she work other than with you?" Lana pryed.

"She is an accountant with her own business.  She also has a business degree to which she is using to help me with my business.  So yes she is able to help me with my rent.  I won't be supporting her if that is what you are asking." He told her with a little agitation in his voice.

"Ian, I wasn't insinuating that she was freeloading off you.  I just don't want you to end up like your sister with a lazy no good for nothing man."