Chapter 3 part 2

The next morning was her first visit.  Lana opened up the envelope very early so to know what time her meeting was.  It was at the bank for 9 am.  Cooper said he would be there to pick her up at 8am providing she grab some breakfast with him first.  She didn't turn him down.

"Good morning Elana." He said when he picked her up.

"Good morning.  Thanks for the nice night last night.  I am glad we went out." She said smiling.

"No worries, I had a good time as well.  We have to do it again."

"Yes we do."  Lana said

"Cooper are you a little bit curious at why we have to meet an investment banker?" Lana asked.

"I am assuming to let us know how much we have inherited and to go over investments."

"You know, I have been thinking.  If we have inherited all of her estate isn't there bills  that have to be paid, maybe back bills since she has passed.  Maybe after all that's paid there won't be much left."  She suggested in thought.

"You might be right but hey, we had nothing before this inheritance, if we end up with a small fortune after this, I think we will be lucky." Cooper said smiling her way.

"That we are." She said smiling back.

After a few minutes they pulled into McDonalds drive through and ordered breakfast.  It was a nice morning so they took their breakfast to a picnic table.

"Cooper, we have to talk about the estates that we both share." Lana said finally finding the nerve to talk about it.

"I never really thought about it yet.  Well, I did think about it but didn't really want to put too much thought into it until we find out what it is we are dealing with here. "

"Yes, that was my thought too but my thoughts mostly is that we have to either sell it all and split what ever is left over or you can buy my half.  I can't live here."

"Why can't you live here? " 

"I have my kids, my friends and my job." Lana said

"Kids, you never said anything about kids." 

"They are both adults now and on their own, we don't talk much but I can't leave the country  and be this far away from them."  

"I get it. Listen, let's just see what we are in for with this meeting.  Then we can discuss it." 

"Ok.  It's getting late, we better finish up and get to that meeting."

They threw out their garbage and set out for the bank.

Two hours later they left the bank with smiles on their faces.

"Oh my god."  Lana gasp. "I can't believe what just happened."

"I had no idea we would come into that much money and estates.  I knew she was a multi millionaire but not this much." 

"I know.  I need a smoke now to calm down.  I am shaking here in disbelief."

"Believe it or not, me too."  He said picking her up and swinging her around in a hug. "We are rich baby, we are rich."  

Woah, she thought.  He just called her baby and the hug.  Wow this was getting serious.  She felt something for him at that moment but shook it off and went with it.

"I am in shock.  What are we going to do?"  She asked as they stood by his car.

"I know what I want to do.  All I know is I want to get a bottle of good champagne and celebrate.  Just the two of us." He said .