Chapter 1- Part 3

It was a busy week.  After the storm, she managed to get everything done. It was Friday morning &  she had already printed off her Flight information, hotel booking and location and the list of names and addresses to meet with along with the address of the law firm she was to see. Her passport was to be picked up at the Service Canada the following Tuesday, May 25th.  She had a week left before leaving and had a few things to shop for.

That day she booked a week off work as a vacation after explaining everything relevant to her boss.  She still didn't know who this person was who had listed her in the Will and was getting excited about it.

The week went by so fast, it was Thursday already, two days to go before she was to leave for England.  That day in the lunchroom she was asked a bunch of questions from her co-workers that she didn't know the answers to but they all speculated one thing.  

"I bet you will be getting a lot of money."  Dan quarried. 

"I don't know.  I am thinking the same. " Lana said with a smile. " I just wish I knew who this person was." 

"It's not a family member?" Carrie asked.

"Not that I am aware of.  I spoke to everyone I knew this week and none of them knew of anyone who had passed away in the last few months, and no one knew of anyone in England.  It's a mystery.  Not to forget to mention, no one heard of the name he had given me." 

"Will you' come back to work if you are a millionaire?" Stacey joked with a smile.

"Of course I will, but that won't be the case.  All I can remember is that he, Mr. Ryan, said that I won't regret the trip." Lana said feeling all the attention. 

"What would you do with all the money if you get any big amount,"  Laura asked.

Laura was her best friend.  She was a third-grade teacher alongside Lana fourth grade class.  She and Laura knew each other for at least five years.

"I would take you on a trip with me, maybe buy a car so we can drive there together,"  Lana said knowing that all her other co-workers would understand.  They all knew they were very close. 

"Awww how sweet," Laura said blushing.

"You can take us all. " Ted laughed.

"Haha.  You guys are all funny." Lana said then got serious. "I don't think I will be getting a lot of money and for some reason, I feel as if I will get there and this is all a big scam and I am not the person they were looking for." 

"How could that be?" Tracy asked " They have confirmed who you were with their information.

"Yes, she said that, " Laura said " but they might have gotten the wrong person in the first place.  God only knows where they got the name from. "

"That's true. " Dan said, " They might have had only partial information and did a search from their coming up with a list and then narrowed it down." 

Dan was the district social worker who has been dealing with cases from adopted children, welfare children, and so on so forth.  He did a lot of work trying to find parents or children and it was not easy.

"Even if they narrowed it down, they still had her S.I.N.. age.. parents names and such.  Where did they find that?" Stacy asked.

Lana was in a daze.  She couldn't believe this discussion was happening.  She wasn't popular at school but today she felt very popular, she didn't know how to react.

"All I know is, I am getting a free trip to England and have a very important meeting with the attorney regarding a Will I am listed in.  Free chauffeur, free hotel, and free-spending money.  I wish I could have taken someone with me." She said.