Chapter 3 Part 4

Lana had a good sleep after all and woke up early.  She cleaned house then went grocery shopping.  Avoiding looking at Coopers message, she put together a lunch and prepared finger foods for when Laura came by.  She also picked up a bottle of wine and got her pictures from her trip set to play on her tv.  She couldn't wait to share it with her best friend.

After all was set and cleaned to her satisfaction she decided to look at Coopers message.  She read it smiling bringing back memories of her trip.  Even though she read it she didn't want to respond yet.  She wanted to make him wait so not to give any ideas.  Closing down Facebook she heard a knock on the door.  For a second, Lana, thought it was Cooper but shook that thought out of her head knowing he couldn't get to her that fast.

Opening the door it was Laura who she welcomed with a hug.  " I am glad you came."

"I am too.  We have a lot to talk about." 

"Yes , we do." She said with a smile. "Come on in.  Did you eat?" 

"No, not really." 

"Good, I fixed something for us and can celebrate with a glass of wine."

"Sounds good." She  said taking off her shoes and following Lana to the Living Room.

"Have a seat, I am going to get the wine."

"So have you heard from Cooper since you got here?" Laura curiously asked from the Living Room to Lana in the kitchen.

"Well ya but trying to avoiding chatting to him." She said as she walked towards her laying the glasses of wine on the coffee table next to the finger foods.

"Why are you  trying to avoid him?" Laura asked sipping her wine.

"I am afraid." Lana said taking a sip of hers trying not to say anything more.

"Afraid of what?"  Laura asked now curious. "Out with it."

"I am not sure really, just have a feeling I will regret it if I do."

'Lana, you have to talk to him to settle things with the estate."

"I know but I am not ready to talk to him.  I am still thinking about it and I don't have proper answers for him if I am asked." Lana said then changed the subject " Are you ready to see the pictures?"

"Yes, of course.  But you have to explain the pictures." 

"I will."  She promised.

An hour later the slide show story was over. "Lana that was so beautiful.  Looks like you had a wonderful time, and Cooper is very handsome.  Now I know why you are avoiding him." 

"Why is that? " Lana asked.

"You are in love." Laura taunted.

"No, I am not. Yes he is handsome and very sweet but I am not in love.  Besides he is 3000 miles or so away, different country and different time zone.  It will never work. 

"Why not.  You can afford to visit now and so can he." 

"I am not doing the long distance thing.  Laura, I don't love him, I just don't have answers he might want." 

"What answers do you think he is going to want?"

"Do you want more wine?" Lana asked dodging her questions.

"Sure." Laura said. "Are you avoiding me now?" 

"No Laura." She said pausing then spilled.  "He don't want us to sell the Rance or B&B, he wants us to keep it and he would take care of it but wants me to come back once a month to check in.  I want to sell and be done with it."