Chapter 1 Part 4

Lana had booked off that Friday to pick up her passport but in her favor the passport was able to be picked up Tuesday past.  It gave her an extra day to go shopping to get last minute travel items including a bottle of wine and finger foods for her visit with Laura that evening.

After  getting all her documents together, passport &  flight confirmation, she prepared some finger foods and chilled the wine.  Digging out her suit case she poured herself a glass of wine and waited for Laura to arrive.

Lana and Laura enjoyed their get together. Talking over what they thought was in this Will.  Their laughter was contagious.

"What does your children think of all of this."  Laura asked getting a little serious.

"I really hadn't had a chance to talk to them much about it.  We barely talk since they both have their own lives now." Lana said taking a deep breath. "They do know I am going to England to speak to an attorney about a Will but don't know anything else.  Told them I will fill them in when I get back."  

"Dam, I wish I was going with you.  I can't wait until you get back." Laura said as she took a sip of her wine.

"I do too.  Too bad they didn't change their minds.  I am getting nervous.  I will be on a plane tomorrow  heading to an unknown country and meeting unknown people.  Not to mention driving on the wrong side of the road. " 

"That would be scary but interesting." Laura laughed.

"Yes, it was.  All I can think about is getting off that plane and sitting on the drivers side but not driving.  It's going to be so strange." Lana snickered trying to calm her nerves. " Wanna help me get some of my packing done?" 

"Absolutely, just need a refill though." Pointing to her empty wine glass.

Lana refilled their wine glass then both proceeded to pack a few things.   It was end of May, not quite warm or cold enough for a heavy jacket but that was here in Canada, she didn't know what to expect in England.  

"I need to check the weather for England before I pack too many heavy clothes,  I know it's not as warm in England as it is here but never know." Lana said checking out the weather on her phone.

Lana found out the weather was about the same as what it was where she was at the moment.  Unpredictable.

An hour later Laura announced she was going to head home but will be back in the morning to bring her to the airport.  Her flight wasn't until later in the day but she wanted to come to spend time with her friend before she left.

____to be continued___-