Chapter 2 Part 4

"Good morning Elana. " Cooper said standing by her door ready to open it.

"Good morning Cooper.  Thank you." She said in appreciation for opening the door.

"Did you have a good sleep?" He asked.

"I sure did after I finally fell asleep and over slept." She said with a frown. "My alarm didn't go off.  Apparently I set it for pm and not am."

"That's not good."  

"No, it's not but I got ready in time with time to spare.  Never even had enough time to think about the meeting."

"It will all be over soon. " He said as they pulled out of the parking lot and headed towards his uncles law firm which only took a couple of minutes.

" That was fast. "  Lana said surprised.  It seemed further away last evening.

"Yes, not very far.  I took a short cut." He said smiling that handsome smile, she thought.

"Yes, I see that."  She said looking around at how beautiful it was there.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

"I am ready as can be." SHe said taking in a deep breath as she opened the car door.

Walking up the stairs to the building Lana was getting very nervous.  She didn't know what to expect but she was excited all the same.  She wanted to ask Cooper questions about the lady but remembered he couldn't say anything.  Keeping quiet she followed him inside and to his uncles office.  

"Please, wait right here.  I have to ask him where the meeting is, they are not usually held in his office."  He said pointing to the chairs in the waiting area outside his office.

Seconds later, Cooper and another man who she assumes is Darryl walked out of the office.

"Darryl this is Elana." He said as Elana stood up to face his uncle and extending her hand for a greeting shake.

"Good morning Elana.  I trust you had a good flight and saw a small portion of England with Cooper." Darryl asked.

"Yes, I did thank you very much." 

"Are you ready?"  He asked.

"Yes I am." 

"Please this way. " He said pointing the way as he let her lead them to a hall way.  "The conference room Cooper."

Cooper lead them to the conference room as the two followed behind.  

"Please take a seat.  We have a couple of more people who will be joining us." Darryl told Cooper and Elana

Elana wondered who else was going to be there.  Relatives or friends.

A man and two women came in.  They were introduced as Darryls Secretary who she had spoken with on the phone, the executor and an estate attorney.

"Elana and Cooper in just a couple of minutes I will show you both Claire Jenkens Will on Video.  First I will ask you to wait until the video is over if you have any comments or questions regarding her Will.    That being said, here we go. "  He said and pressed play on his laptop.

After viewing the video, Elana was in shock.  She was at a loss for words and questions.  "Are you ok Elana?" Cooper whispered noticing she was speechless.

"I don't understand." She said with tears flowing down her face. "How could this be?"

Darryl saw and heard what was happening and reminded her that Claire had said it all in the video Will.