Part 2

It was starting to turn daylight at last and the storm seemed to be calming down just a little.  Power was still out which meant a power line was down or transformer blown.  She needed her cell phone to fully charge so she could get to the bottom of this phone call.

Looking out the window, it was not nice.  Garbage cans blew over, garbage scattered everywhere, tree branches broken off, sirens going off from vehicles and emergency vehicles safely moving around with lights going.  This was terrible.  She was watching a couple trying to walk down the road but it seemed they were having difficulties as if they were trying to push their way towards the wind and rain, only to be pushed back.  Where were they going? Everything was closed so she thought.  

Hoping her food wouldn't go bad in the fridge and freezer, she opened the door to see if there was something she could have now before it went bad.  Maybe a sandwich of some kind and juice.  She couldn't even get a coffee.  This was ridiculous.  Were those people heading toward town to the nearest coffee shop hoping it was open?  Should she do the same, maybe take her laptop to charge it up and use the wifi there.  Should she take that chance?  She didn't want to take the chance at the moment as it was still not so clever out.

An hour and a half later she looked at her phone to notice it was fully charged.  Because she didn't turn it on before charging it charged much quicker.  Turning it on she noticed she had missed a couple of calls from that lawyer.  Before trying to dial him back she called the nearest coffee shop which she found was open.  Apparently, the power was still on a few streets down.  

She wanted to take the chance and drive there but it was still very windy and the rain was still pelting down.  Maybe not or maybe she just might.  Wait, if everyone thought of that she would never get a seat so staying put was her only option right now unless she called the coffee shop again and asked how busy it was.

To her surprise, the cashier told her it wasn't busy.  That was it, she needed a coffee, she was going to take a chance.  Then the phone rang again.  It was the attorney.

After explaining what happened earlier  Mr. Ryan told her that he would send her an email with all the information she needed.  He had pre-booked the flight for the following Saturday with a driver to pick her up at the airport.  He had also set up a hotel for her to stay in and gave her a list of people she would be meeting while there and locations for the meeting and reading of the Will for the driver.  

" You do have to get your passport as soon as you can and fill out.  Get it fast delivery and I will pay you back or send you money through E Transfer." Mr. Ryan told her.

"Ok, I will drive to the post office right now, after I call to see when it is open and pick up the forms.  Hopefully, I can get them back in time.

After clearing up all the information and giving her an email address she hung up the phone and made a few calls.  Fortunately, everything seemed to be open except the post office which opens at 9 am but her power was still out.  Looking outside again, the rain seemed to be slowed down, and the wind not so strong.  

Hopping in her car after getting soaking wet, she headed first to the coffee shop with her laptop.  She needed the proper internet to get some information and the email he had sent to her.  Besides that, she needed coffee badly.  

The roads were bad.  Debris was all over the place.  It looked like an actual tornado had hit.  Around the corner of her street, she did notice a power line was down and emergency vehicle attendants were looking into it trying to make them safe and back in working order.   There was some traffic moving but not much.  Most people took advice from the radio to stay inside since the storm still wasn't over but was letting up some.  She needed to get this done or she would have stayed home.  Well, maybe, she wanted to get out for a coffee as well. 

-----------to be continued----------