Chapter 4 Part 1

Very little contact was made with Lana and Cooper over the next two weeks.  Lana was researching immigration rules but wasn't 100% certain on what she was reading.  Her money was released to her bank which she was pleasantly surprised that after all that was used for fees and such she still ended up with 2.6 million Canadian.  She was happy with that.  

Everyone at work was asking her questions about her inheritance.  All she told them was that she co inherited a Mansion / Hotel & B&B and Ranch but it hasn't been settled yet.  Nothing was said about the money she was left.  Of course more questions were asked just like Laura asked.  She minimized her answers just to satisfy the people.  One question came up that she didn't know what the answer was going to be?  "Are you going to stop teaching and live off your inheritance?" 

"At first, I thought I might want to keep teaching and doing what I love.  Then I thought of those who need the income, I don't want to take that away from them." 

"You can always volunteer your time here, that way you can still teach." One staff member asked.

"Yes, I can do that.  I have the summer to think on what I am going to do.  I will know by end of August.  With only a week left of school, I will finish out the year for the kids sake and see what happens." Lana explained.

Every day for the last weed Lana has been answering questions about her inheritance and she was getting tired of it.  She didn't want to give too much information due to not exactly knowing what she is going to do.  Cooper has been texting her, leaving emails with information she wanted and even called a few times.  Each time, she didn't respond heavily or have a chatty conversation with him.  She still didn't give him a solid answer.

A few days before the end of the school year the staff had a little party for Lana.  It was a surprise in the Teachers lounge with a cake and all.  

"Laura???" Lana sneered towards her friend. "This was all your doing wasn't it?" 

"What are you talking about, I had nothing to do with it." She snickered.

"Ya sure you never.  Don't matter, thank you all for the lovely cake and you all didn't have to get me presents but thank you for those as well." 

On the cake it said, "Congratulations on your inheritance.  We will all miss you."  with a farm house and horse on it. 

"Oh wow, this is absolutely beautiful.  Thank you all. " Lana said through watery eyes. "I don't want to mess it up."  

Everyone laughed and enjoyed the rest of the party, all the while hugging and congratulating Lana.  She was on cloud nine but a little sad to be leaving.  Promising she would visit when school starts back up she slipped on out and went back to her class room.  There, her students had another surprise for her with a big banner saying, 'We all love and miss you, Miss Randell.'

"Awww that is so sweet kids, what a wonderful job you did on that." She said smiling so big with tears in her eyes.  "You all get A's on this project." 

Everyone laughed and handed her little gifts which some were made and some were sweet little gesters of appreciation.  "Thank you.  I love them all" Smiling sweetly after receiving all of the gifts.

Feeling loved and appreciated, Lana drove home thinking about the day.   With a smile on her face she got butterflies thinking about why this was all happening.  At the moment she still owns the Ranch and the B&B which in the last few weeks apparently has done amazing in the books.  

Thoughts of keeping both verses selling both overtook what happened today.  She made up her mind to talk to the financial adviser.  She was going to call them when she got home and set up an appointment.  Her thoughts were stopped when she noticed a car sitting in her driveway.  Not just a normal car, it was a limo.