Chapter 1 - Shocked

Connie's POV

7 months. It's been 7 months since we last saw her. Everything changed so fast, faster than I expected it too. The rest of freshmen year was a pain, and I was glad when summer came along. Some of the others went back to their home states, and some stayed in Minnesota.

However, summer went so quick and unfortunately, we returned to school. It's been around a month and a half since we started sophomore year. Nothing has changed. Everyone at Eden Hall are still assholes and there are very few people I actually like.

As for number 28, we lost contact with her, completely. We didn't see her at all after that day so we just had to assume that she left the state, or maybe even the country. None of us know where she is, or if she'll return or what she's doing. So for now, we just need to hope that she's okay.

My mom, Julie and I were currently walking in silence. Mrs Germaine, Guy's mom, invited everyone over for dinner. My mom obviously agreed. As far as I know, no one has told their parents about what happened to the relationship between us, so all our parents are still friends.

We got to the Germaine's front door and knocked. The door was opened almost immediately.
"Janet! It's nice to see you." Mrs Germaine greeted.
"Hello Claire! Its nice to see you too!" My mom returned.
"Come in! Everyone's already here."

We walked in and took our shoes off. Mrs Germaine led the way to the dining room. Everyone was there, with all their parents. We sat down on the table and shared polite smiles and nods with everyone, some of them being fake of course.

We started eating after dinner was served.
"Its a shame Angelina couldn't come. I tried to get in contact with her but I didn't get an answer." Mrs Germaine announced, making me and Julie nearly choke on our food. I looked at Julie and she had turned pale.

"Um... s-she's out of the state. Family business." I lied.
"Ah, that's a shame." Casey, Charlie's mom spoke up. "She's such a sweet girl, Ange is."

~

Soon later, everyone finished and we went to the living room where the big T.V was.
"I heard there's hockey on tonight. Let's watch it." Mr Germaine voiced.
Mrs Germaine nodded and turned the T.V on.

"Welcome to the first game of the Teen World Hockey League. Countries from around the world have gathered here in  New York City to compete in this super exciting event. Tonight's match up, to open the season, are Team USA represented by the famous teenage team The Wolves, against Team Canada ."

"Wow! How exiting! That could be you guys one day!" Mr Banks said. I rolled my eyes at him. Of course he would say that. Doesn't he realise that was us 2 years ago?
"Wasn't The Wolves the name of her old team?" I whispered to the others and they nodded.
"Keep listening." Dwayne whispered.
We turned our attention back to the screen.

"Team USA, also known as the Wolves, are led by their Coach, Emma Johnson. Along with the same coach they've had for 12 years, their old team Captain has returned to their team too. Oh and here they come. Team USA enters, led by Captain Angelina Sparks."

I spat out my drink in utter shock. The camera zoomed in on Ange. We saw her pull her helmet off, revealing her face. It was her. We were seeing Ange on the screen. I looked around the room and saw that everyone was as equally shocked.

~

"Captain Angelina Sparks takes a hard check into the board. She gets up straight away and skates towards number 15, Davies. Davies, Captain of the Canadian team shoves her, and 'The Hothead' explodes. A fight has started at centre ice. Wow, this is getting violent. Here comes the ref, breaking up the fight. They both are getting taken to their penalty boxes. I guess they don't call Sparks a hothead for nothin'."

~

We continued to watch the game closely, knowing that one of our best friends were playing.

" 'The Aggressor' Dalton with the puck. He passes it over to Captain Angelina Sparks. 'The Hothead' with the puck, and starts sprinting down the ice. Wow, she really can fly. She's in the zone all alone. She shoots, she scores! And that's the buzzer! 'The Hothead' scores the final goal of this game, winning it for her team."

"At the end of the third period, Team USA take the win with a score of 15-7."
The camera zoomed in on Ange getting swarmed by her teammates. She had a huge smile on her face.

Mrs Germaine took the remote and turned off the TV. We all just stood there in silence, still alarmed by what we all saw.
"I-I'm going to go clear up in the other room." Mrs Germaine broke the silence and all the other adults got up and went to help her. It was now just the team left in the room.

"I still can't believe my eyes." Guy managed to say.
"That really was her." Averman spoke up.
"I still can't believe it's been 7 months." Julie uttered, sniffling slightly. Ange leaving hit a lot of us really hard.
Then there was a silence again.

"Do you think we'll see her again?" Dean asked. Everyone shrugged.
"She must've changed." Luis stated.
"Ha. Well we have too, for the better." Charlie snarled. 
"Shut up Conway." I snapped.
"Watch your mouth Moreau." Banks rasped.

"Oh you have no right to tell her to watch her mouth when you're the reason Ange left!" Kenny yelled.
"Don't you dare blame him!" Charlie barked. "Sparks is the traitor here!"
"Don't you dare call Ange a traitor!" Goldberg shouted and we all got on our feet.

We started yelling over each other. They were all really getting on my nerves. The way they talk about Ange these days disgusts me. We were shortly broken up by our parents.
"Come on. We're leaving." My mom ordered us. Julie and I nodded.

~

We got back to my house and she turned to look at us with furrowed eyebrows.
"Now. You both tell me what that argument was all about. Now!"
Julie looked at me hesitantly before turning to my mom. "Ange isn't out of the state because of family business. She left 7 months ago at the end of April because Banks cheated on her." My mom gasped as Julie spoke.

I then went on to tell her what has happened since then and she was shocked. I felt guilty for confessing, but I couldn't hold the truth away from her any longer. I lied to her and said that we don't need to pick her up in the morning to go to school because she was going with Banks and Conway. I kept that lie until the school year ended, but never told her the truth until now.

I knew that the other parents will find out eventually, but it was only a matter of time before they do. From this point onwards, I realised that certain relationships will worsen or maybe even break...

---------------------------------------------------------
Hi everyone! Welcome to Book 3! That was Chapter 1! Hope you enjoyed!
-author