Chapter 4 - An Offer

Angelina's POV

My whole body froze. Dean Buckley, the principal of my old high school was standing in the same room as me. Coach greeted him like an old friend. Why is he here?

Buckley turned and saw me "Well hello there Angelina! Long time, no see!"
We shook hands awkwardly for a bit then he moved on to shake everyone else's hand. We all sat down soon later.
"Now you four. I'm sure you're wondering why we called a meeting with you all." Coach began, then signalled for Buckley to talk.

"We, meaning me and The Board, would like to offer you 3 full academic and athletic scholarship to Eden Hall." He said, looking directly at my other three friends. All three of them stared blankly at him. "As for you Angelina, your scholarship is still in place even if you haven't been attending Eden Hall."

"How is that possible? I left more than a year ago." I asked sternly.
"Well I asked the board to keep your scholarship because I knew that at some point, you will return to Eden Hall." He replied.
"How can you be so confident that I will return?" I snarled.

"Well you see, Miss Sparks, continuing to be home schooled wouldn't really be the best for your hockey career." He began to explain. "Attending Eden Hall will give you a variety of amazing opportunity, which in the long term can help you massively when applying for colleges."

"I know that going to college to play hockey is what you want to do, and it will also be a huge step in your hockey career. You wouldn't want to pass it up-"
"Okay, can I talk to you outside for a moment?" I said, interrupting Buckley and turning to Coach Johnson.

All she did was nod and we stood up and left the room. I shut the door behind us.
"Was this your idea?" I asked.
"Angelina you can't pass up an opportunity like this. It will lead to greater things-"
"'Greater things'? Coach please don't pull that card on me. You know that I don't want to return to that place at all."

"Angelina you'll have to face them eventually. You can't just do everything in your power to avoid them for the rest of your life. Face your fears, stand up to them and make it your goal to end them. Just like I taught you." She said. I looked down, knowing she's right.

"Look, I know getting cheated on is hard and getting lied to by your friends is even harder, but you can't avoid it for the rest of your life. You'll have to face them sooner or later, and I think it's best to do it now, get it over and done with. And you won't be alone. Alex, Ezra and Allison will be with you."

"Be strong Ange. Fight those fears. Be the brave girl you are."
I took a deep breath, following with a nod. She smiled at me before opening the door and we entered again. The next 20 minutes was spent signing paper work. I'm returning to Eden Hall.

~

We got back at the house and started packing again as we were going back to Spain in a couple of hours. I packed up pretty quickly and went downstairs, waiting for the other three to finish packing.

They got down moments later. We didn't say anything to each other. We just got in the car and drove off to the airport.

~

We arrived back to the villa in Spain. The moment I entered my room I crashed on the bed. I didn't want to talk to anyone right now. All I could think about is seeing them. I can just imagine the disgust on everyone's faces when they see me in the same building as them.

But the thought of seeing him was the worst. The imagine of his eyes was drilled in my brain and I couldn't get rid of it. I knew that if I I saw him my heart, the thing I've been trying so hard to protect and fix for such a long time, would shatter again.

I got up and walked over to my bag on the other side of the room. I opened it and pulled out my mum's copy of Pride and Prejudice. I opened it and I found what I needed. I pulled out a picture of me, my parents and my sister. I used it as a book mark. It was taken a year before my parents died. Gabby was 8 and I was six.

I put my book back in my bag, and walked back to my bed with the picture in hand. I lied on my stomach and stared at the photo.
"Hi guys." I sighed. "I miss you. The past couple of days have been extremely hard." I spoke, my voice beginning to crack.

"I need you, I really do." Tears started to fill my eyes. "I really wish you all were here to give me a big hug and tell me that everything is going to be okay. I've been going through such a rough patch and it made me realise that your comfort is all I need. I just want us to be together again. I wish Gab wasn't across the world, and I wish you guys were still here."

Tears left my eyes. "I miss you every day. " I really wish they were here. Its all I need these day. Having no parents for over 9 years is so shitty, and it made me so numb. Recently I've gone to bed almost every night wondering what life would be like if they were still alive.

I took a deep breath and put the photo on my night stand. I went and took a shower and got ready for bed. I read a bit, to try and forget what had happened the past few days, before letting my body relax and drift into a deep sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------
That was Chapter 4! Hope you enjoyed!
-author