Chapter 17 - It's Time

Angelina's POV

My alarm went of the next morning. It was currently 5:30 am, an hour earlier than the time I usually set me alarm. I quickly rushed out of bed. I went and took a shower and began to get ready for school. Me and Alex had a plan.

The look:

I put my boots in my school bag and grabbed my rollerblades, holding them in my hand

I put my boots in my school bag and grabbed my rollerblades, holding them in my hand. I put my school bag over my shoulder and opened my bedroom door quietly and saw Alex waiting there for me. He had his rollerblades in his hand too.

We smiled at eachother before we tiptoed downstairs. We sat down and put our rollerblades on. We said goodbye to Zeus and Sarah and we left the house.
"You think this will work?" I asked.
"I hope so" Alex said.

We began to skate to the nearest place that we could get coffee. We found a cafe on the way and ordered coffee to go before beginning to skate again. Me and Alex made up a plan last night. Our plan was to leave the house earlier, much earlier than before. That will leave Ezra and Allison at the house alone, meaning they'll have to drive to school together.

That way, hopefully they grow some balls and apologise to each other and make up. I was praying that it will work. We arrived at school shortly after that and we sat on a bench at the quad.
"I hope they make up." Alex said.
"And I hope they start dating. Not gonna lie, I've kind of shipped them for the past 13 years."
"And I thought I was the only one." Alex and I both laughed.

As we continued talking I was the whole team walking towards the building. It looked like they had just finished practice. Conway's half were in front pushing anyone who they saw in their way, laughing and overall being bullies. Connie's half were behind them, having to check on anyone they push over or apologise for their teammates actions. I felt bad. It wasn't their responsibility to do so. It wasn't their fault that half their team are now bullies.

"Alex." I said. He looked at me.
"I need to ask you something."
"Go ahead Ange."
"Would you be mad if I became friends with them again?" I nodded in the teams direction.
"Well it completely depends on which people on that team you want to be friends with again."
"I think you know which half I'm talking about Alex."

"If you're talking about that Connie girl's half then no, I would not be mad. They seem to be genuine nice people. If you want to become friends with them again then I support you. To be honest, i wouldn't mind being friends with them either. Especially that Dean guy."
"Oh Alex. Trust me. You and Dean would make such good friends."

"But what about Allie and Ezra?"
"Ange. They'll support you too. Come on, we're literally siblings. Just be open with us and we'll support you no matter what. Okay?"
I nodded in response. Now all that is left is for me to find the confidence to talk to them.

~

It was currently Thursday evening. I was alone in my room sitting on my bed. For your information, Ezra and Allie haven't made up and Alex and I are loosing ideas. And people say I'm stubborn.

I was currently looking at photos, old photos of the team, most of them being from the Junior Goodwill Games. We all looked so happy, so carefree. I finally decided to put them away. I went to my closet and put one something more formal than pyjamas.

 I went to my closet and put one something more formal than pyjamas

(Without the bag)

I grabbed a pair of black converse and put them on. I went downstairs and into the kitchen. Allie was leaning against the kitchen counter reading a Vogue magazine. Alex was playing with Zeus and Ezra was watching TV.

"I'm off." I announced.
Their heads shot up, realising where I was about to go. They all walked over to me.
"Good luck Ange." Allie said, giving me a hug. The boys did the same.
"Everything will be fine." Ezra said.
"Call us if you need anything." Alex said.

I told Ezra and Allie what I wanted to do on Tuesday. They were both quite shocked but were understanding, thankfully. Allie did try to change my mind, but only because she was worried that I was going to get hurt again. Ezra was quick to tell her that I will be fine.

That was the first time the two talked to each other this week, after the argument. I was happy to see progress even if it wasn't a lot.

I nodded and smiled at them before leaving the room and then the house. I walked out of the big black gates and began to walk.

The sun was setting. As I was walking I was mentally preparing myself for what I was about to do. I could feel my hands shaking slightly. I was extremely nervous. I haven't even had the confidence to look them in the eye at school and now I'm going to meet them all at once. I was scared of what they would think of me, scared if they'll reject my offer to talk, scared that they won't let me be around them.

I took a quick turn and I was now around half mile away from my final destination. I chose today to be the day because I knew that the team all get together the evening before every game they have so they feel less nervous about it on the day. It's what they did when I was on the team before too.

Connie's house was now in sight and my heart started beating faster and faster. Before I knew it, I was standing in front of the Moreau household. I remembered all the sleepovers we had here, all the fun meals. I walked towards the door but then immediately turned back again and walked back onto the street.

I was facing away from the house, playing with my sleeve, when I heard laughing come from the house. I immediately turned around in surprise. They were there. I could recognise every single person's individual laugh. I turned back to face the house again, taking in a deep breath.

"You can do this." I said to myself  before slowly walking up to the front door. I closed my eyes for a few seconds, exhaled and then knocked on the door. My heart skipped a beat when I heard Mrs Moreau shout 'I'll get it' from the inside. I felt my pulse in my head.

Then, the big wooden door opened. Mrs Moreau looked at me with her eyes wide and her mouth wide open. She was about to gasp. I put my finger on my lips, signalling her to be quiet. She stayed silent.
"Mom! Who is it?" I heard Connie yell from the inside.

"N-no one sweetheart. Don't worry." Without another word, Connie's mum pulled me into a hug. She pulled away shortly after. "They're in the living room. Go talk to them." She whispered to me and I nodded. She made way for me to step in and then shut the door behind me. I took my shoes off.

She walked off to the kitchen, and gave me a smile before entering. I took another deep breath. Its time.

---------------------------------------------------------
That was Chapter 17! Hope you enjoyed!
-author