Chapter 30 - Game Day

Charlie's POV

It was game day. I was currently packing my bag when I heard a car horn go off. I went to my window and opened it, popping my head out.
"Conway hurry up! Damn!" Russ yelled.

Connie's mom has been driving us to school ever since we all made up.
I finished packing my bag. I put my shoes on quickly and left the house. I locked the door and left the building.
"Took you long enough." Averman joked.
I got in the car and we began to drive.
"Have any of you spoken to Ange?" Dean asked.

Everyone shook their heads.
"I'm worried about her." Julie said.
"She's been so on edge this week." Connie clarified.
"You know how she is before games." Fulton said.
"She'll blame herself if anything bad that happens during the game today." Kenny spoke.

Angelina's POV

My alarm went off. I immediately reached over to my bedside table and slapped my alarm clock, silencing it. I then laid back in bed, staring at the ceiling. Today was the game against the Hawks. I was so scared, I don't remember the last time I felt like this before a game. Let's hope today isn't that bad.

I got up and went straight to my bathroom. I took a shower and did my skin care too. I walked out and brushed my teeth before going to my closet. I picked out an outfit.

The look:

I packed my bag and went downstairs

I packed my bag and went downstairs. I entered the kitchen and greeted Sarah and Zeus. I saw Allie, Ezra and Alex look at me with concern. I went to the fruit bowl and picked up an apple.
"I'll be in the car." I announced before leaving the house and getting in the drivers seat of the car.

I took a big bite out of my apple and sat in silence. Around 15 mins later, the other three joined me and we drove to school.

~

I parked the car and we got out. We made our way to the quad to meet the rest of the team. We reached them soon after.
"Morning everyone." Allie greeted.
"Oh hey guys!" Julie said. The team came over to us. They began to talk to the other three about something. I started to feel extremely dizzy. Just go to your locker, it will go away. I thought.

I walked into the building and went to my locker. I got the textbooks I needed and shut my locker. The moment I closed it, I jumped.
"What's wrong?"
"Jesus Christ don't sneak up on me like that!" Charlie stood there.
"I'll ask again, what's wrong?"
"Nothing. I'm perfectly fine."
He gave me the 'really?' look.

I sighed. "I feel sick to my stomach Char. I'm so nervous for the game tonight. I'm so stressed and worried that something bad will happen to one of you and I can't forgive myself if that happens-" I rambled.
"Ange, Ange, you're shaking. Slow down."

I looked down at my hands and they were shaking like crazy. My breaths were short and uneven and my chest began to hurt.
"Copy my breathing." He began to inhale and exhale slowly and I copied him. After a minute or so my breathing was back to normal.
"Come here." I walking into his arms and he hugged me tightly.