Chapter 20 - The Hawks

Charlie's POV

We were trying so hard to push through this game. Seeing our opponents really put the team off, especially Banks. You could tell that Orion was stressed aswell. I felt someone nudge me. I turned to my side, it was Connie. She nodded to the other bench where the other team were.

There I saw their Coach, Jack Reilly. He's still a sick bastard like he was in Pee Wees. He had an evil smirk on his face and he was staring straight at Coach Orion. He looked so pleased that his team were all playing dirty and doing everything to hurt us. I focused my attention back to the game.

~

Angelina's POV

It was currently the third period of the game. The score was Hawks - 5, Ducks - 2. The Hawks were hurting everyone before they had a chance to shoot. Connie got checked 2 times in less than a minute, and so were most of the team. Most of the scorers on the team were hurt. Orion had no choice but to put in people at random and hope for the best.

Alex leaned over and whispered in my ear. "This is a shit show."
"You think?" I glared.
"That Coach Reilly guy has it out for them." Ezra chimed in.
"This is awful." Allie sighed.
That was when we heard a loud bang.
Our heads snapped back to the game.
"Woah! Charlie Conway just received a vicious check to the board by Number 33, Larson. That doesn't look good."

I looked over at Linda and saw that she had her hand over her mouth in shock. Her eyes beginning to fill with tears, but were still following Charlie. Could she possibly still love him? I placed my hand on her shoulder. She looked at me. "He'll hang in there Linda. He's strong."

~

5 minutes left. Banks had the puck, he was skating down the ice all alone. I crossed my fingers and kept on mumbling 'please score' under my breath repeatedly. He shoots and he scored. He threw his arms up in the air in victory as the crowd cheered.

Suddenly, 2 guys from the opposition checked him. The moment Adam's body hit the board he let out a cry of clear pain. The whole crowd stood up in anger. My eyes widened as I saw him fall on the ice. The only thing I could think about was if he's okay.

The whole team jumped out the box and helped him up, asking him if he's okay. He nodded in response. However, even from far away I could see the utter affliction in his eyes. Yet again, I had a feeling that he was hiding that he was hurt. He did the same in the Junior Goodwill Games. God, this boy...

~

Riley, Conway and Banks were sprinting down the ice with the puck, passing it to each other. Charlie went to shoot but he missed. After that, they all got checked, Banks being checked the hardest. It was clearly intentional and the ref didn't do anything. Then the buzzer went off, it was the end of the game.

The Hawks won, 5-3. Two Hawks, number 33 and number 7, skated up to the team. They smirked at my old team evilly, laughing and pointing fingers at them. They both said a few things to the Ducks to provoke them.
I don't know exactly what they said, but it sure got them the reaction they wanted as a few of my old teammates tried to fight them.

The two joined their team and started cheering together, chanting 'Win! Win! Win!' repeatedly. Just looking at them chanting made me sick. I rolled my eyes. 'Win, Win, Win'? That's not even original.

The disappointment on my old team's faces was visible. They all put their head down in defeat. Both teams left to go to the locker rooms and everyone else followed to go home. I practically sprinted to the Ducks' locker room, and when I got there, the team were walking out, ready to leave.